WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Our technology organization is transforming how we work at WestRock. We align with our businesses to deliver innovative solutions that:
- Address specific business challenges, integrate processes, and create great experiences
- Connect our work to shared goals that propel WestRock forward in the Digital Age
- Imagine how technology can advance the way we work by using disruptive technology
We are looking for forward thinking technologists that can accelerate our focus areas such as building stronger foundational technology capabilities, reducing complexity, employing digital transformation concepts, and leveraging disruptive technology.
As WestRock scales its Digital Product Management capabilities to the enterprise, we have a need for a strong product management veteran ready to dive in and mentor our digital product team.
The Director of IT UX will be responsible for building a world-class user experience teams that innovates, develops, and ships exceptional experiences for customers and has a passion for building the Applications and Platform that power the future of Commerce and CX at WestRock. Reporting to the VP of Product, this position will lead our User Experience team, and will be responsible for the evolution of User Experience at WestRock.
You are a perfect fit for this role if your superpower is developing people, processes, and UX strategies that deliver outsized impact for customers and business results.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Define UX strategy and evolve our UX processes, testing methods, and design system to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Embrace and continually improve Lean UX approaches to deliver the most value to customers as soon as possible
- Develop and grow your team’s expertise in product design, user research, problem framing, design sprints, facilitation, and will be the example of how to partner with Product and Engineering to build amazing products
- Influence the product roadmap, both short term and long term
- Oversee all UX elements for multiple products and scale design resources, accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met, your org is effective, excellent, and inclusive, and team members are set up for success by setting clear and measurable goals.
Important capabilities for the role are:
- Leadership & People Management: You inspire and motivate the people around you to deliver positive impacts for the business overall. You are a skilled collaborator & align the team and stakeholders across the business to execute effectively. You are a skilled communicator, you are comfortable giving and receiving feedback up, down, and across. You’ve formally mentored others in their leadership skills to positive results.
- Strategic impact: You deliver significant, measurable results for the business and mission while driving decisions to deliver the most impact efficiently. You develop and execute a UX strategy that is articulated, informed, and aligned to company strategy and goals.
- Customer Insights: You are a master synthesizing customer insight to inform product decisions. You are also a coach for the team on applying qualitative and quantitative methods to decision-making and uncover new product insights. You are skilled at mentoring teams in the process of exploring and converging on solutions. You are an expert at product discovery processes and mentor the team to identify opportunities and define valuable and feasible solutions.
- Craft: You have demonstrated expertise at two or more user experience disciplines and proven ability to coach and mentor the team on UX excellence (visual design, interaction design, content, research). You have a Bias for Action and improve how teams communicate by defining processes, standards, best practices, and new ways of showing work. You have coached to UX culture through mentoring initiatives on design thinking, strategy, and research.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors in CS, IT, or engineering. Graduate degree in science, engineering or business is a plus
- 10+ years leading a team of designers, researchers, content developers, and producers
- Extensive knowledge of design tools like InVision, and Figma, and a working knowledge of how design systems can be built to accelerate customer value
- Proven ability to collaborate deeply with product and engineering partners; fluency with front end code and AWS (high-level) a plus
- Demonstrated ability in balancing design, execution, and analysis of primary user research and user needs analysis
- A portfolio of previous work demonstrating depth of knowledge in UX strategy, content, interaction, visual design, design thinking, and team collaboration
- A robust track record of successfully shipping products to market where your focus on your craft shines through
- “Can do” attitude and passion to make customers and colleagues successful
- Passion for leading teams and contributing to the career development of individuals
- Ownership mentality with the natural inclinations to take challenges head on and deliver impact
- Demonstrated ability working across engineering, sales, commercial, legal, customer success, marketing etc.
- Ability to straddle across strategy, technical depth, and execution
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mix of creativity, digital experience, and executive presence
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to inﬂuence change without direct authority
- Strong desire and innate ability to collaborate, with a natural curiosity and growth mindset
- Expert knowledge of stakeholder management, risk management and organizational change management.
- Proven track record of quickly earning trust, inspiring teams, developing resources, setting direction, and delivering results.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Travel 10% - 15%
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
GA Traffic Lead (ID# 47789) Atlanta, GA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 15+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description At WSP, we are driven by inspiring...
Georgia Traffic Lead (ID# 47666) Atlanta, GA Category: Traffic Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 12+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description At WSP, we are driven...
Description Position: Principal Software Engineer, ZDX (Core Java/APIs) Location: Atlanta, GA For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100%...
Traffic Engineering Intern - Summer 2021 (ID# 47561) Atlanta, GA Category: Traffic Engineering Job Type: Intern Minimum Experience: - Required Education: Bachelor's Degree In Progress Job...
Senior Laboratory Planner (ID# 47699) Atlanta, GA Category: Architectural & Building Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 10+ Required Education: Master's Degree - Non-Tech. Job...
Responsible for interpreting strategies and tactics, conceives and develops ideas to design and create a wide variety of collateral materials that support sales, product promotion, membership...
GA Traffic Lead (ID# 47789) Atlanta, GA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum...
Georgia Traffic Lead (ID# 47666) Atlanta, GA Category: Traffic Engineering Job Type: Full...
Description Position: Principal Software Engineer, ZDX (Core Java/APIs) Location: Atlanta,...
Traffic Engineering Intern - Summer 2021 (ID# 47561) Atlanta, GA Category: Traffic...
Senior Laboratory Planner (ID# 47699) Atlanta, GA Category: Architectural & Building Job...
Responsible for interpreting strategies and tactics, conceives and develops ideas to design and...