Seattle, WASHINGTON | 8 months
This position may have expired!
$125,581 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters. And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days and coffee, Seattle has it all — mountains and beaches, arts and parks, music and film. It's made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
Do you enjoy the challenge of building highly collaborative teams that want to own and support high quality, horizontally scalable, and business critical APIs, Services, and Product data assets enabling Nordstrom to make business decisions? Are you the type of leader that instinctively hire and inspire people who are who are willing to contribute to the vision for Nordstrom? If so, you are exactly the candidate we want to meet.
A Director within the Nordstrom IT organization helps create an inspiring workplace where talented people are empowered to drive amazing customer experiences and business results. This key leader influences the organization through direct leadership and sets the strategic direction for a division or area. The Director is an influential leader with broad and deep IT knowledge and a clear line of sight into how the organization’s work advances business strategy.
In this role, you will be supporting Product data assets in an agile environment with full-stack teams. You get to do this by building and supporting a DevOps organization that owns the program management and engineering of our key information services / data assets and delivering them into the cloud, specifically AWS. Your vision and your proven experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver at scale will enable you to make significant impact in how Nordstrom delivers business critical information about the Products we sell. Your vision combined with a strong sense of accountability will ensure that your delivery team’s delivery will contribute to the overall success of Nordstrom.
To be successful in this role you need to have passion for Leadership, Technology, Customers, data driven outcomes, and iterating with deep engagement with our partners. Additionally, a proven background of delivering and supporting high impact services and a strong background of data engineering is required.
- Sets strategic direction and creates plans for a division or area that crosses IT disciplines and participates in driving strategy for entire organization
- Leads teams of IT professionals under a division or area [Engineering and Program Management]
- Drives organizational structures and talent management plans to meet needs of organization
This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
DISCIPLINE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Hires and Develops Top Talent
- Develops organizational structures to support organizational strategy and matches individual’s talents to implement strategy
- Provides coaching and mentoring beyond team
- Identifies and develops leaders
Drives Team to Results
- Influences others to achieve outcomes even when not in control
- Translates changes and strategy to structure ensuring forward progress
- Helps teams align to changing priorities, and coaches teams and peers through change
- Understands own and constituent’s biases/agendas with changes and successfully navigates to resolution to achieve results
Demonstrates Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Understands own and constituent’s biases/agendas with change and successfully navigate to resolution
- Searches actively for feedback and incorporates learning into behavior
Displays Critical Thinking
- Empowers teams to be accountable for decisions through clear definition of boundaries/areas of ownership for decisions
- Provides creative solutions and innovative ideas to difficult cross discipline issues
- Applies a systematic analytical process to executive decision making
Demonstrates Domain Expertise
- Understands organizational challenges and how those manifest internally and externally
- Designs strategies and motivate teams around plans to resolve challenges
- Demonstrates broad and deep IT knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the IT activities across business
Communicates with Impact
- Communicates a compelling vision and line of sight into how the organization’s work advances strategy
- Effectively incorporates storytelling to help reinforce key messages and increase engagement
- Focuses on both internal and external customers, transforming their challenges into results
- Makes valued contributions to solving organization-wide issues by embracing Nordstrom’s “fail forward” culture and the organization’s mission, vision and values
- Makes and influences decisions critical to the organization’s success at highest levels by through networks and long-term strategic relationships developed across all levels of the organization
- Identifies, assesses, and resolves issues by using best judgment and data synthesized from multiple sources
- Adjusts and aligns teams to changes in strategy or goals and creates clear actions and processes for going forward
You own this if you have...
- Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant work experience in IT and managing teams
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage,a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
: 11/18/2017, 1:43:09 PM
: United States-Washington-Seattle
device product manager – Partner Technology Products, Starbucks Technology - Seattle, WA, Starbucks, 12 daysdevice product manager – Partner Technology Products, Starbucks Technology - Seattle, WA ( Job Number: 180005758) Location : US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support...
retail technology product manager, Starbucks Technology - Seattle, WA ( Job Number: 180005266) Location : US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center Starbucks - Project/Product/Program Management Job...
DESCRIPTION Amazon Alexa is seeking big leaders who want to evolve how people live. Want to join a fast moving team building new experiences for Smart Home? We are seeking a Sr. Software...
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides developers and their organizations with building-block web services and products that enable them to innovate faster and to operate their software...
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking an extremely talented Strategic Business Development leader to focus on Worldwide Operations. Strategic Business Development is part of a centralized Corporate...
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test Description Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of...
device product manager – Partner Technology Products, Starbucks Technology - Seattle, WA, Starbucks, 12 daysdevice product manager – Partner Technology Products, Starbucks Technology - Seattle, WA ( Job...
retail technology product manager, Starbucks Technology - Seattle, WA ( Job...
DESCRIPTION Amazon Alexa is seeking big leaders who want to evolve how people live. Want to join...
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides developers and their organizations with...
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking an extremely talented Strategic Business Development leader to...
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test Description Embedded in a worldwide network...