Director, Primary Health Care, Programs and Innovation
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
In 2019, PATH made an institutional commitment to primary health care (PHC) to more effectively contribute to the achievement of UHC and SDG goals. PATH brings together end-to-end product development, system innovation, and policy advocacy to help countries and multisector partners reimagine primary health care through a people-centered, data-driven approach that gives everyone a fair chance at health.
The PATH Director, Primary Health Care (PHC) will develop and oversee PATH’s overall PHC strategy and provide leadership to advance the quality of PATH’s PHC work across all of PATH’s programs. This leader will also directly oversee the design and implementation of PATH’s PHC programs, including its projects and organizational investments. The PHC portfolio is comprised of programs that include Maternal Newborn Child Health and Nutrition, Non-Communicable Diseases, Sexual Reproductive Health and Health Systems Analytics, and works closely with other programs in PATH.
The Director, PHC has 4 main objectives:
Objective 1: Establish PATH’s PHC strategy and grow PATH capacity to implement strategy
Objective 2: Ensure high quality implementation of projects to strengthen PHC and achieve health impact
Objective 3: Generate new revenue for work in PHC
Objective 4: Position PATH as a global thought leader in PHC innovation
Provide overall leadership consistent with PATH’s mission, values, and policies.
Serve as a member of PATH’s program leadership team, overseeing project leaders to develop and implement an expanding scope of PHC projects. Specifically:
- Review and update PATH’s PHC strategy as required, based on the donor and stakeholder landscape.
- Lead operationalization of the PHC strategy across PATH’s global and country programs.
- Cultivate donor/funder relationships and position PATH as a leader in PHC.
- Provide leadership for business development by identifying and overseeing business development of new PHC-focused opportunities.
- Hire and develop key talent for the portfolio
- Serve as technical and business manager and mentor for program leaders, project directors and management staff and help them meet revenue and implementation targets.
- Provide leadership for project implementation and evaluation; review and approve all program reports and materials developed for public dissemination.
- Ensure that the programs meet or exceed donor expectations of quality and delivery.
- Ensure that all work complies with the highest standards of research ethics and medical science.
PROGRAMS AND INNOVATION DIVISION
Work collaboratively within the other global and country program leaders to:
- Identify opportunities and develop cross-program teams and projects to implement opportunities that advance PATH’s PHC strategy.
- Drive business development activities to create a diversified and sustainable portfolio.
- Partner with PATH leaders to build cross-program PHC competencies in digitalization of PHC systems, measurement and data use for PHC strengthening, innovative service delivery models (including self-care and private sector engagement), policy and financing, and quality improvement. Participate in the development and evolution of the overall Programs and Innovation division and strategy.
CROSS-PATH AND EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION
- Advance PATH’s matrixed business model.
- Develop and lead PATH-wide strategy implementation for PHC, leveraging existing projects, identifying new projects and ensuring integration of health systems work across the organization.
- Represent the PHC program with internal PATH partners, engaging leaders, harnessing synergies and collaborative opportunities across the organization in building resilient programs positioned to leverage the dynamic donor and global landscape for greatest impact.
- Model clear, open, and collaborative communication approaches in a dynamic environment.
- Represent PATH externally, serving as a technical/scientific expert and external representative for global advocacy and policy efforts and a liaison to key donors.
- Lead the PHC Health Impact Team (HIT), informing bid decisions, project design, and quality assessments.
- Build PATH capacity through development of cross-PATH collaborations and recruitment of new technical expertise, including at country level.
- Model cultural and organizational agility internally and externally.
- Required Experience
- Advanced degree in medicine or public health.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible leadership roles in the design and/or delivery of public health programs, especially in the field of comprehensive PHC.
- Enthusiasm for and demonstrated proficiency and success in business development, from building a pipeline of prospects through to managing partnerships; successful business development with USAID and/or the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is highly desirable; proven track record in meeting business and implementation targets.
- Experience in managing relationships at global level with donors, multilateral organizations, the private sector, and philanthropy.
- Experience in building relationships at country level with governments, multilaterals, private sector and philanthropy is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated people management skills with commitment to building a shared vision of the future, setting standards and managing individual and team performance across multiple country sites, and effectively managing/resolving conflict.
- Proven ability to work with people with divergent points of view, mediate conflict and bring groups to a constructive resolution.
- Excellent analytical skills and business acumen with the ability to deliver quality, high impact projects while providing value to donors.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative organizational structure that includes multi-site teams, partners and other collaborators.
- Fluency in English required; working knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Available to travel nationally and internationally estimated at 30 percent.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Description: THIS ROLE SUPPORTS THE LABOR MANAGEMENT PARTNERSHIP IN THE KPWA MARKET AND IS FULLY TRUST FUNDED AND WILL NOT HAVE BUDGETARY IMPACT. THE ROLE IS BASED AT RENTON CAMPUS WITH REMOTE...
Lead Transportation Planner (ID# 46427) Seattle, WA Category: Planning Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be part of our growing and...
A physician in the Mental Health Service at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System is a licensed, independent provider who is highly skilled in the evaluation and treatment of patients with a broad...
Waterfront Structural Engineer (ID# 46255) Federal Way, WA Category: Structural Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 10+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be...
Marketing Coordinator (ID# 46340) Seattle, WA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 3 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description WSP USA is seeking a creative...
Sr Project Manager (ID# 46439) Federal Way, WA Category: Maritime Job Type: Part Time Minimum Experience: - Required Education: - Job Description Be involved in a managerial and technical advisor...
Description: THIS ROLE SUPPORTS THE LABOR MANAGEMENT PARTNERSHIP IN THE KPWA MARKET AND IS FULLY...
Lead Transportation Planner (ID# 46427) Seattle, WA Category: Planning Job Type: Full...
A physician in the Mental Health Service at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System is a licensed,...
Waterfront Structural Engineer (ID# 46255) Federal Way, WA Category: Structural Engineering Job...
Marketing Coordinator (ID# 46340) Seattle, WA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum...
Sr Project Manager (ID# 46439) Federal Way, WA Category: Maritime Job Type: Part Time Minimum...