WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
E&I Maintenance Supervisor - Longview, WA
300 Fibre Way
Longview, Washington, 98632
E&I Maintenance Supervisor – Longview, WA
The supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction to ensure the safety of the electrical and instrumentation workforce, provide quality and efficient execution of goals, schedule and execute planned work, monitor crew performance, provide problem analysis for equipment history, submit accurate reports of work execution and are responsible for seeing that mechanics conduct themselves in accordance with all corporate, division and mill safety and environmental rules and procedures. This position will work closely with other members of the maintenance and operating teams assigned to their work area and is expected to be the chief troubleshooter on the equipment in assigned work areas.
What you need to succeed:
· Experience in a manufacturing leadership role required.
· Model safe work practices and behaviors in all you do.
· A strong working knowledge of electrical components used in an industrial environment. Strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical proficiency, and troubleshooting skills.
· Working knowledge of NFPA 70E, NEC.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred (preferably in an engineering or technology arena).
· Proven Leadership skills in developing strategies to attain performance objectives required.
· Experience using Reliability tools such as Pareto analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) preferred.
· Experience working with advance Predictive Maintenance tools such as Infrared, Vibration, Oil, and Ultrasonic analysis, shaft and machine alignment, and precision maintenance preferred.
· Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and 5S.
· Solid PLC, VFD, and DCS background. (Rockwell, Honeywell, Siemens)
· DC drive experience.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills that you can use to coach and mentor.
· Previous electrical maintenance supervisory experience in paper mill operations is preferred.
· Experience with kraft, linerboard, and corrugated medium machines is highly preferred.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Ensure the safety and health of all personnel in area of responsibility as related to work activities.
· Hold tool box safety & morning assignment meeting.
· Trouble shooting equipment and providing direction to mechanics.
· Attend field day meetings.
· Attend training & other meetings.
· Conduct safety audits of mechanics & work area.
· May occasionally work a night or weekend duty assignments supervising mechanics.
· Attend daily planning with area maintenance team.
· Visit work sights to review mechanics work, etc.
· Filling out daily time sheets for mechanics.
· Lead with a relentless pursuit to improve.
· Efforts to achieve this end shall be directed to training of employees to perform their jobs safely without committing unsafe acts and maintaining a high standard of housekeeping.
EE adheres to all mill safety rules, participates in or may lead safety programs and meetings with the goal of improving safety at the mill.
- Demonstrates active caring for employees
- Conducts Safety Observation Tours and Safety Audits
- Conducts incident analysis on all accidents- Ensures corrective actions are implemented
- Enforces Safety Rules
- Plans for emergencies
- Ensures personal protective equipment is utilized properly
- Conducts regular safety meetings / communications
- Ensures employees receive all safety training
- Ensures Safe Operating Practices are reviewed with employees
· Capable of leading and holding others accountable through development of roles, responsibilities and meeting expectations.
· Ability to manage salary and hourly employees.
· Ability to create change and improvement by influencing others.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Associate DVM Needed! -- Riverside Animal Hospital in Kelso, Washington, Riverside Animal Hospital, 25 daysJoin a passionate bunch of rock-stars veterinary professionals that are saving the pets of the greater-Kelso community, one patient visit at a time! Kelso, Washington is home to the fun-tastic...
Associate DVM Needed! -- Riverside Animal Hospital in Kelso, Washington, Riverside Animal Hospital, 25 daysJoin a passionate bunch of rock-stars veterinary professionals that are saving the pets of the...