Infinera is the global supplier of innovative networking solutions. Our customers include the leading service providers, data center operators, internet content providers (ICPs), cable operators, enterprises, and government agencies worldwide, including 9 of the top 10 Tier 1 service providers and 6 of the top 7 ICPs. We design, develop and deliver hardware and software for fiber-based connectivity solutions that span access, aggregation, metro, long haul, and submarine network. Our industry-leading, trendsetting edge-to-core solutions provide the foundation for many of the world’s largest and most demanding networks that generate billions in service revenue for our customers.
Electrical Test Engineer
Allentown, PA, United States
We are looking for an engineer to debug and solve complex hardware and software test problems. You will be empowered to make decisions and implement your creative ideas in order to advance Infinera’s corporate strategy. We are looking for a smart, dynamic person to work in our fast-paced manufacturing environment supporting Infinera’s highly innovative integrated products. This position has an emphasis on continuous improvement of our optical communication products, while maintaining Infinera’s high quality of reliability recognized by our customers.
- Can read/improve in a high-level Object Orientated language (Java, C#, VB.NET, etc). Infinera is using VB.NET software to control custom and commercial test and measurement equipment using USB, GPIB, TCP/IP, and SPI interfaces. Infinera’s hardware communicates using COM and TCP/IP with embedded software / firmware.
- Candidate does not need to be a Software Architect but an engineer that can dig into existing code, make improvements, and determine / develop changes that impact cycle time, quality, and reliability of our products
- Help drive end to end test yield improvements and test time reduction efforts
- Provide software for skilled technicians for fault isolation of complex optical, electrical, and communication problems
- Candidate should have basic understanding of electronics, be able to read electrical schematics and comprehend technical documents.
- Provide fault isolation guidance based on investigation of failures
- Attention to detail and willingness to produce detailed documentation
- Communication – Need to be able to interface with all levels of people from technicians to Sr Directors in a professional matter
- Need to be proactive and self-motivating. Balancing production needs with continuous improvement and development initiatives
- Be able to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Understand basic Statistics. Experienced with or can learn Gauge R&R and SPC (Statistical Process Control) is a plus, not necessary
- Microsoft Products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Bonus – Interest in electrical and optical test and measurement equipment including optical attenuators, switches, and polarization controllers, optical spectrum analyzers, digital multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- BS Degree or higher in science or engineering required (Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics etc.)
- Knowledge of coherent modulation theory (QPSK, 16QAM, and 64QAM formats).
- 2+ years of experience in working in manufacturing environments.
Allentown, PA Facility
- Allentown manufactures 1.2Tb/sec optical modules used in Infinera’s DTN and DTN-X Platforms used to transmit across metro, long-haul and even subsea optical networks.
- Position available to recent college grad or experienced engineer
- Career progression through structured guidelines
- Participate in Social Responsibility events
- Exposure to broad base of engineering expertise
Req ID: 98668 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...