MERCY CORPS is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
The Infrastructure team, based at our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, helps to develop opportunities, prepare scopes of work, provide technical advice and conduct detailed evaluations, studies and designs of infrastructure systems in support of our in-country operations. We provide engineering oversight, implementation strategy, and construction delivery means, and construction management support. Our team is part of the Program Performance and Quality group (PaQ) which has the agency-wide responsibility of supporting and monitoring program implementations that meet critical quality standards, function as intended, and achieve results for our stakeholders.
- To help build local capacity and augment local technical resources to further the strategic goals and mission of our in-country teams
- To serve as a trusted partner and indispensable resource to those relying on your guidance and expertise
- Prepare scope of work for consultants, contribute to writing and reviewing proposals with infrastructure components, and
- Conduct research for water, wastewater, and other infrastructure projects, and craft supporting memos and white papers
- Estimate project costs, develop schedules, draft position descriptions for engineering/technical staff, and participate in the recruitment process
- Preparing concept and preliminary designs for Senior Technical Advisor and Global Infrastructure Lead
- Review and comment on engineering plans and Bill of Quantities (BoQ) developed by field teams
- Prepare procurement/tender documents
- Conduct field assessments of ongoing projects and in support of proposals with infrastructure components, including emergency response
- Write technical reports
YOUR SUCCESS FACTORS
You are insatiably curious. You approach challenges with determination, focus, and well-honed analytical skills. You’re also nimble enough to switch gears quickly and often. You embrace the Mercy Corps mission and share our sense of urgency about the global issues central to our work.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS in engineering (civil or related), MS is preferred
- 7+ years of experience with progressive responsibility in engineering and construction management
- S. engineering registration (such as a P.E. license), or the ability to obtain within one year of appointment
- Experience with hydraulics and potable water supply systems would be highly beneficial
- Competency with developing contract documents
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, and cross-cultural competency
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including MS Project, as well as basic AutoCAD skills
Robust Team Member Benefits
- Zero-premium health, dental and vision coverage for team member, spouse and dependents
- 90% subsidized annual TriMet pass
- 403(b) retirement savings account with a 6% employer contribution
(Eligibility requirements may apply)
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Equity & Inclusion
At Mercy Corps, we believe that empowering people and fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all feel equally respected and valued will help us create a secure, productive and just world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants of all religions, ethnicities, citizenships, educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, ages, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, along with brief application information.
Environmental Scientist (ID# 43520) Vancouver, WA Category: Environmental Science Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 3+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description WSP is currently...
Lead Water Resources Engineer (ID# 43383) Portland, OR Category: Engineering - Environmental Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Join...
Hyrdo Engineer (ID# 43588) Portland, OR Category: Engineering - Water Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 5+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Come join us in shaping the...
Req ID: 69686 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
BRT Supervising Planner Engineer (ID# 43531) Portland, OR Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 10+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description WSP is excited to...
Project Electrical Engineer (ID# 43335) Portland, OR Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 5+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description OVERVIEW Be involved in...
Environmental Scientist (ID# 43520) Vancouver, WA Category: Environmental Science Job Type: Full...
Lead Water Resources Engineer (ID# 43383) Portland, OR Category: Engineering -...
Hyrdo Engineer (ID# 43588) Portland, OR Category: Engineering - Water Job Type: Full...
Req ID: 69686 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...
BRT Supervising Planner Engineer (ID# 43531) Portland, OR Category: Engineering Job Type: Full...
Project Electrical Engineer (ID# 43335) Portland, OR Category: Engineering Job Type: Full...