Location: New York, NY
Posted: August 21, 2019
MediaMath’s mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath’s 700 employees work out of offices in 16 cities worldwide.
Our digital advertising platform leverages massive amounts of data using AI and machine learning principles, enabling the quickest and most intelligent online ad space bidding in real time, 24/7. We leverage both public cloud and eight managed data centers around the world to maximize the return on every marketing dollar spent by our customers.
We are looking for a Senior-level Software Engineer to own an Identity component which is critical to our overall distributed platform. This is a highly skilled individual contributor position, also responsible for architectural advisory and technical guidance to more junior programmers. Ultimately, this person will become the subject matter expert and take complete technical ownership of the Identity component they oversee.
This role can be based at MediaMath’s New York City headquarters, Chicago IL, Cambridge MA, Durham NC, or remotely for the right candidate.
- Write bullet-proof Golang code leveraging your deep knowledge of DynamoDB, ScyllaDB, Kinesis, and Kafka.
- Provide architectural advisory on critical Identity systems.
- Lead technical discussions with other Engineers with emerging ability to ensure that technologies chosen to support our products provide the most appropriate and robust functionality.
- Demonstrate both an awareness of and curiosity about current cutting-edge techniques and technologies used in the industry, enabling you to make effective recommendations.
- Help drive continuous improvement in MediaMath's approach to software development, with extreme commitment to quality, innovation, efficiency, and culture.
- Provide regular guidance to Levels 1-4 Engineers to ensure that all teams are producing code that is sound, efficient, and maintainable.
- Become a strong contributor to internal and external product discussions and presentations; share your POV effectively with Management.
- Assist in the Hiring Process by interviewing candidates and providing feedback to Hiring Managers.
- Ensure consistent use of shared platform components and technologies across MediaMath teams.
- Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs for use across MediaMath teams.
- Assist in defining the team's technical strategy and advise on product backlogs and roadmaps to achieve strategic goals.
- Help define and produce concise yet comprehensive technical documentation; principles, standards, and best practices.
- Monitor work against the release schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties.
- Propose and participate in R&D efforts.
- Drive strong engineering standards.
- Have impact: guide and lead several team and cross-team initiatives.
- 8+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Solid Golang experience
- Extensive AWS experience, especially around Kinesis and Lambda, but also ECS, Autoscaling, VPC setup, etc.
- Software architecture experience
- Microservices design and deployments
- gRPC, Protobuf, and Avro experience
- REST/HATEOAS/12-factor app dev
Nice to have Skills:
- Network architecture
- Experience refactoring live/deployed code bases
- AdTech experience, especially around Identity
- Strong business acumen and understanding of tie between day-to-day Engineering work and MediaMath's success with clients & against competitors.
- Ability to present ideas and communicate within the team, as well as across disciplines, to small groups.
- Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into optimal development solutions.
- Strong ability to deliver in an environment where products must be delivered to specific timescales.
- Proven experience of implementing projects and software development processes - particularly Agile methodologies.
- Expert ability to implement software best practices – especially around scalability, availability and performance.
- Strong ability to negotiate product requirements and priorities with other stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly diagnose, understand root cause of, and resolve a wide range of software engineering or technical issues, minimizing the impact on productivity.
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.
Description If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, then this is the place for...
Description Quotient Technology is seeking an experienced leader to accelerate the growth and performance of our media trading desk. The Head of Programmatic Media will be responsible for the...
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and...
Lacework is a SaaS platform which provides automated threat defense, intrusion detection, and compliance for cloud workloads & containers. We help companies reduce the cost of operating security...
Job Description: Bank of America is seeking a NET/Web Developer that will work across all layers of rich client, Full stack Banking CRM (GCIB) Application Automation and Web applications for Sales...
Ref#: 31885 Job Schedule: Full-Time Job Location: New York, NY, US Description: Entercom is looking for an innovative, results oriented and passionate Director of Product to own the ad technology...
Description If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative...
Description Quotient Technology is seeking an experienced leader to accelerate the growth and...
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide –...
Lacework is a SaaS platform which provides automated threat defense, intrusion detection, and...
Job Description: Bank of America is seeking a NET/Web Developer that will work across all layers...
Ref#: 31885 Job Schedule: Full-Time Job Location: New York, NY, US Description: Entercom is...