The Regulatory Engagement & Exam Management Specialist supports exam managers who hold primary accountability for the examination execution and provide guidance to FLUs/CCFs on exams, inquiries and other interactions. Participates in the following activities at the direction of the executive or manager:
The Exam Specialist will be responsible for the following: Assist Exam Managers in successful management of regulatory exams, including but not limited to:
- Manage the overall exam action plan
- Handle logistics related to the exam
- Prepare debriefs/track action items from meetings
- Track deliverables and ensure timely and complete submissions
- Manage smaller scale exams and provide overflow exam management coverage when needed
- Coordinate responses to regulatory inquiries
- Coordinate or manage regulatory meetings
- Handle various requests that arise in managing regulatory relationships
- Assists in managing regulatory exams for a line of business or function
- Can assist exam manager through the phases outlined in the Bank of America Regulatory Exam Management Standards
- Contributes to a readiness assessment (if advance notice of the exam is received and if practical) of the end to end process being examined to identify any control gaps or weaknesses, potential issues and potential emerging risks. Readiness assessment includes:
- Review of regulatory handbooks/standard testing questions (e.g., FRB, OCC Exam Handbooks, FFIEC Handbook, CFPB Exam Manual)
- Review of any recent regulatory guidance or regulatory changes issued
- Review of any open and closed issues arising from past regulatory exams, internal audits, credit reviews or self-identified issues
- Assists with responses to regulatory inquiries
Ongoing Supervision Meetings
- Assists in planning and coordinating ongoing supervision meetings with regulators, including meetings with Front Line Unit (FL) or Control Function (CF) Executives
- Can assist exam manager in providing active oversight of the tollgate process meetings
Regulatory Activity Tracking, Reporting and Escalation
- Assists exam manager in escalating any regulator concerns, emerging themes or issues
- Contributes to effective reporting and communication routines to achieve enterprise understanding of key issues
- Experience in planning and supporting regulatory exams or large scale regulatory projects
- Strong project management skills; attention to detail; ability to drive projects to conclusion
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize daily tasks with project work as well as ad hoc requests
- Preferably, sound understanding of financial regulatory agencies and regulatory oversight and supervision.
- Some knowledgeable of exam management process, preferrably
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, calmly within tight deadlines and escalate appropriately.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Self-starter, motivated and reliable; ability to work well and seamlessly within a team without a continuous high level of guidance
- Proficiency in using MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable of Bank of America’s business lines, operations, organizational structure, senior executives, etc.
TO BE USED IN GLOBAL COMPLIANCE ONLY: The Regulatory Engagement & Exam Management Specialist supports exam managers who hold primary accountability for the examination execution and provide leadership and guidance to business leaders on exams, inquiries and other interactions. Participates in the following activities at the direction of the executive or manager: Exam management; regulatory inquiries; ongoing supervision meetings; regulatory responses; and regulatory activity tracking reporting, and escalation.
Posting Date: 27/08/2019
New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK,
Charlotte, NC, ONE BANK OF AMERICA CENTER, 150 N COLLEGE ST,
- United States
Marketing Statement Harlem Hospital Center has been a bedrock of the Harlem community since 1887. The hospital provides a wide range of medical, surgical, diagnostic, therapeutic and family...
Position Expectations Analyst Operations Position Summary The Operations Analyst assists with project management, regulatory compliance initiatives and developing critical reports and...
Marketing Statement Cumberland Diagnostic and Treatment Center has been healing the residents of Fort Greene and the surrounding Brooklyn Community for more than a century. True to its roots as a...
Marketing Statement For a quarter of a century, Segundo Ruiz Belvis Neighborhood Family Health Center has provided a broad array of primary care and diagnostic services for the entire family, from...
Position Expectations Developer Application Services (JAVA) The Application Services Developer is responsible for development, testing, and documentation of enterprise class web application,...
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect service providers on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable and measurable delivery of wraparound care. Our...
Marketing Statement Harlem Hospital Center has been a bedrock of the Harlem community since...
Position Expectations Analyst Operations Position Summary The Operations Analyst assists with...
Marketing Statement Cumberland Diagnostic and Treatment Center has been healing the residents of...
Marketing Statement For a quarter of a century, Segundo Ruiz Belvis Neighborhood Family Health...
Position Expectations Developer Application Services (JAVA) The Application Services Developer...
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect service providers...