- This position entails the installation, service, troubleshooting and repair of complex electronic and electromechanical equipment, site service, and field process applications and qualifications.
- In addition, the position is accountable for being able to operate as an independent “product expert” on select product lines.
- Capable of implementing detailed, complex customer installation plans for both reliability and process qualification and sign-off.
- Training customer personnel on advanced equipment operation, maintenance procedures and process related operations.
- Provides onsite technical support for development and implementation of equipment and process applications.
- Trains customers and other Field Service Engineers on specific product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes onsite equipment installations or complex retrofits on equipment and obtains final acceptance by the customer.
- Provides professional and courteous service to customers with a primary goal of complete customer satisfaction.
- Assists customers and other personnel in identifying and repairing equipment related process problems.
- Performs onsite preventative maintenance, clean equipment as required and verify the operational quality of equipment.
- Performs start-up, warranty, paid service and service contract activities. Performs hardware set-up on specified systems within established time frames.
- Recommends appropriate action and maintain ongoing awareness of existing and potential situations; Handles equipment and customer issues through to completion.
- Ability to utilize training skill to troubleshoot tools to resolve issues and minimize downtime. Keeps tools running properly and efficiently to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Works overtime and/or travel on short notice, including unscheduled call-outs from home and other shifts, as needed.
- Troubleshoots and corrects process variations on systems. Diagnoses sources of hardware or process problems on equipment, facilities, or wafers.
- Recommends appropriate action and maintains ongoing awareness of existing and potential situations; handles equipment and customer situations while informing Management of developments on a timely basis.
- Prepares and conducts local customer meetings and communicates orally with customers in face-to-face, one-on-one settings, group settings and communicate professionally by email and telephone, as needed.
- Prepares and submits all required paperwork on a timely, routine basis.
- Maintains all assigned equipment logs and records promptly and thoroughly.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates purchase orders for parts and service.
- Maintains and performs repairs on company demo cleanroom equipment.
- Develops and implements plans to increase productivity through tracking equipment performance and plan uptime improvement.
- Keeps informed and trained on the company’s most current systems, methods and procedures, including site safety.
- Assists in planning the daily work schedule within assigned territory to ensure completion of preventative maintenance and remedial maintenance.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Mentors and provides technical assistance and training to less experienced personnel.
- Exhibits good housekeeping practices in all work areas.
Qualifications / Education / Skills and Experience
- This position requires an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering field or up to 6-10 years of experience installing/repairing semiconductor/electronic production equipment.
- Advanced electromechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of statistical process control.
- Knowledge of quality improvement process methods and terminology.
- Ability to identify and solve advanced process-related system problems.
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate professional conduct with all levels of management, personnel and customers.
- Must have advanced PC skills.
Why Kelly® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Job ID: JR0090305 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US Other Locations: Job Type: Experienced Hire TD Module & Integration Yield Engineer Job Description PTD Module...
Job Description Job Description When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment...
Job ID: JR0091691 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US Other Locations: Job Type: College Grad Test R&D Engineer Job Description This position is responsible for...
Job Description Job Title: Test Technician I Requisition ID: Location: Hillsboro Oregon When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers...
Job ID: JR0092075 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US Other Locations: Job Type: College Grad Process TD Engineer Job Description Intel's assembly technology development...
Job ID: JR0091857 Job Category: Manufacturing Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US Other Locations: Job Type: Tech Grad Manufacturing Technician Job Description Manufacturing Technicians perform...
Job ID: JR0090305 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US Other...
Job Description Job Description When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll...
Job ID: JR0091691 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US Other...
Job Description Job Title: Test Technician I Requisition ID: Location: Hillsboro Oregon When...
Job ID: JR0092075 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US Other...
Job ID: JR0091857 Job Category: Manufacturing Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US Other...