1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com .
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is in need of a field technician to perform investigation, quality audit and optimization / repair work as needed throughout North America. This position will work with the Project Manager and will create daily installed meter reports, and analyze data in those reports to determine which endpoints are not reporting into the system. The position will then be responsible to create a work plan to investigate each non-reporting endpoint and determine what is required to ensure the endpoint is heard by the system. This could include replacement of the endpoint, reprogramming of the endpoint and working with a Sensus RF Engineer to remediate the issue. This position will communicate daily progress to the Project Manager and will work with the local project team to plan daily work. Additionally this position will require the technician to understand the endpoint installation procedure and audit contractor installs for quality issues.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Must have Water Utility experience, AMI endpoint deployment and programming experience.
- General knowledge in RF network deployment and optimization.
- Must be proficient with computer hardware and software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be familiar with Google Earth Pro and understand how to map latitude and longitudinal coordinates.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Individual must be a self-starter who works autonomously, with the drive and initiative to “do what it takes” to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule, which could include early mornings, late evenings, and occasional weekends.
- Must have own transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to present a professional appearance as generally accepted in a business environment.
- Must pass drug screening and back ground investigations
- This position will require up to 80% travel.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Transportation Co-op- Fall 2020 (ID# 46274) Philadelphia, PA Category: Civil Engineering Job Type: Co-op Minimum Experience: 0-1 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree In Progress Job...
Structural Engineering Co-op- Fall 2020 (ID# 46273) Philadelphia, PA Category: ENGINEER Job Type: Co-op Minimum Experience: 0-1 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree In Progress Job Description Be...
Senior Marketing Coordinator (ID# 46301) Philadelphia, PA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 5-7 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
The incumbent serves as a Management and Program Analyst to the Executive Director, and/or Deputy Director, and/or Assistant Director and/or Staff Chief(s) of IPM for administrative, analytical...
Req ID: 99515 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Description What makes us Qlik Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform...
Transportation Co-op- Fall 2020 (ID# 46274) Philadelphia, PA Category: Civil Engineering Job...
Structural Engineering Co-op- Fall 2020 (ID# 46273) Philadelphia, PA Category: ENGINEER Job...
Senior Marketing Coordinator (ID# 46301) Philadelphia, PA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full...
The incumbent serves as a Management and Program Analyst to the Executive Director, and/or...
Req ID: 99515 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Description What makes us Qlik Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work...