We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Advises, informs, and empowers FSCM (Fuel Supply Chain Management) to optimize processes, identify new opportunities for automation, and leverage automation to promote best in class Fuel Management activities at SWA.
- Masters and maintains expert knowledge in end-to-end business processes and is knowledgeable in how fuel management technology facilitates and may be enhanced by those business processes
- Advises and educates Internal Customers in core business process improvement methodologies, including when appropriate, how technology can be leveraged to improve business process efficiency and integrity
- Leads the development of business cases to help prioritize opportunities and champion improvement projects.
- Facilitates discussions with various Internal Customers for the systematization of process flows
- Participates heavily in system implementation, development/configuration, data conversion, testing, defect resolution, and implementation of system changes and maintains associated documentation
- Acts as business advocate for all end users of the Fuel Management Solution, translating business requirements into technology solutions and serves as a liaison between business users, external process stakeholders, and Technology support
- Provides timely support for product-related incidents or service requests related to production issues, defects, batch job requests, research, and security requests
- Possesses working knowledge of SOX and internal controls compliance
- Establishes and leads solution and project governance processes.
- Works with Technology to document requirements for system interfaces (inbound and outbound), including data mapping, functional specifications, test plans, and error handling procedures.
Supply Chain Concepts
- Uses proficiency in business knowledge to drive system implementation and support
- Identifies opportunities to add efficiencies in automation (i.e. e-Fuel tickets)
- Meets new and emerging business needs by customizing system to provide the necessary process flows
- Analyzes the future impact of decisions by taking a big-picture approach, and to strategically position the project within the business to support to short- and long-term objectives.
- Able to establish a clear scope, define the extent of the project; - what's in, what's out - and set up and understand approval procedures.
- Assesses, documents, and manages internal and external project risks; and develops contingencies and mitigation plans
- Has in-depth knowledge of system and acts as primary contact with external vendor
- Acts as subject matter expert to answer questions from users about data
- Supports users’ understanding of systems and disseminates information/training by collaborating with Supervisors and SWA U to create curriculum and host training
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of eight years of Supply Chain experience and/or eight or more years technology product management experience required
- Proven implementation experience for hosted and non-hosted technology systems that include valuations, like mark-to-market, inventory management, and procure-to-pay required
- Technology sourcing experience preferred
- Ability to perform work duties from desk/office work area for extended periods of time.
- Expert at translating technical knowledge to non-technical Customers and effective in helping them understand what the data means
- Is effective in a variety of communication settings as well as among diverse styles and position levels, including Executives
- Asks probing questions to guide Customer’s thinking and is extremely adept at getting to the real “ask”
- Is viewed by others as a subject matter expert who can discern which technological systems/software are most beneficial to the Company
- Scans the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit the business
- Looks at the big picture of what will be needed for the next 3 to 5 years to support organizational goals
- Adept at identifying multiple solutions to multifaceted problems, and uses skills to help others navigate the complexities of technological solutions
- Tackles complex problems independently and relatively quickly
- Easily changes approach to meet the situation and Customer requirements while maintaining a high level of productivity and accuracy
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary, and sensitive Company information.
- May be required to work after-hours or on-call occasionally, particularly during critical month-end financial close periods to provide timely support to Customers
- This position requires occasional overnight domestic travel (up to 15%)
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Serve in the role of a Solutions Architect within Data, Analytics & Insight Technology organization. Architect will support a variety of initiatives across the data and analytics domain within...
Job Description Are you looking for a way to make a difference using your vast knowledge of Microsoft CRM? Would you like to expand your skill set while delivering great solutions to your...
Strategy & Transformation Senior Project Manager- Consumer, Small Business & Wealth Management Operations, Bank of America, 21 daysJob Description: Line of Business Role Description The role will lead and support Operational Excellence within Consumer, Small Business & Wealth Management Operations (CSWO) under the Global...
Req ID: 50292 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
Job Description: Manages a function or unit within the technology environment. Manages multiple functions or areas within the technology environment. Manages associates and is responsible for...
Req ID: 61564 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
Serve in the role of a Solutions Architect within Data, Analytics & Insight Technology...
Job Description Are you looking for a way to make a difference using your vast knowledge of...
Strategy & Transformation Senior Project Manager- Consumer, Small Business & Wealth Management Operations, Bank of America, 21 daysJob Description: Line of Business Role Description The role will lead and support Operational...
Req ID: 50292 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...
Job Description: Manages a function or unit within the technology environment. Manages multiple...
Req ID: 61564 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...