Rochester, MINNESOTA | 6 months
This position may have expired!
WORK DAY: 5.75 hours per day from approximately 9:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
WORK CALENDAR: 178 duty days per year. Refer to the attached work calendar in the lower right corner of this posting.
SALARY: $14.67 per hour
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4251.
You can also email email@example.com. A Human Resources Staffing Specialist will respond to your email within two business days.
- Working with students under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
- Monitoring students in the lunchroom and on the playground in all types of weather.
- Performs tasks within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum requirement of two years of college (48 semester credits), a two-year degree, or completion of the Para Pro Assessment.(test available upon job offer from Rochester Public Schools.). (Please include transcript with application.)
- Experience working with elementary age students.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Positive rapport with children including the ability to correct inappropriate student behavior with fairness and consistency.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for paraprofessional positions include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won't shy away from today's educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools is one of the three top employers in Rochester, Minnesota with over 3000 employees.
Of those employees, approximately 1,500 are teachers and 700 are paraprofessionals.
Rochester is the seventh largest district in Minnesota with 18,200 students based on enrollment and spans 218 square miles throughout portions of Olmsted and Wabasha Counties.
The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent.
Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 114,000+ and twice voted "The Best Place to Live in America" by Money magazine.
Rochester is home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. Our city draws residents and visitors from around the world.
Job Description Kelly Services has an excellent opportunity to put your skills and experience to work with a local healthcare service. Kelly Services is seeking candidates for opportunity working...
7 hours ago | Agribusiness - Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services - Transportation/Truck Driver, AgCareers.com, 14 daysCHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Seasonal Truck Driver to deliver products such as grain, feed, seed, fertilizer, petroleum, propane,...
Job Description Kelly Services has an excellent opportunity to put your skills and experience to...
7 hours ago | Agribusiness - Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services - Transportation/Truck Driver, AgCareers.com, 14 daysCHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a...