Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
- As a Release Manager, accountable for the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. Types of releases are inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects (upstream | internal | downstream) and large Enterprise Programs.
- Working closely with various partners of portfolios to align the release plans with program increments.
- Interfacing and communicating with Product owners, scrum masters, Quality Assurance, Test Managers, Project Managers, Operations, Business and technical leads on a daily basis. A UAT Release Manager must be confident enough to manage up and provide metrics based reporting as well as meeting updates to the Leadership Team, stake holders and partners.
- Own the UAT Release Management life cycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, controlling and ensuring connectivity to the appropriate UAT lanes for downstream testers
- Work with technology project managers and platform teams to improve processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- Track key metrics and reports periodically to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Lead release planning and own the release activities across portfolio.
- Conduct release scrum with product owners, scrum masters.
- Help Build and manage the Program backlog and agile release train.
- Participate in Release Planning for PI that lasts 12 weeks along with other product owners and scrum masters.
- Understands CI/CD, works with DevOps to streamline the delivery pipelines.
- Contribute ideas and takes the ownership to improve the release activity.
- Define the quality gates from development to production, the quality thresholds and drill into which tests are running in each automation layer in order to make sure the result can be trusted.
- Build processes, methods, tools, and reports that enable and empower Product Owners and stakeholders to make a GO/NO-GO decisions on their own.
Must Have Skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience of leading large process improvement and/or automation projects and programs
- Ability to work with large number of stakeholders and manage conflicts while setting directions and best practices
- Good knowledge of platform design, architecture & administration with use of CLI tools.
- Proficient in bit bucket and similar/repository management.
- Experience with build systems and release management tools (Jira).
- Familiar with database concepts and SQL.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- Advanced technical knowledge, including an understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, feature toggling, gradual exposure, branch handling etc.
- Agile certification(s) such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Working knowledge of BitBucket
- Experience in tools automation
- BS Degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Provide central point of contact across multiple portfolios for Release Execution support.
- Lead and coordinate Software release planning, schedule and deployment management at a program level for different initiatives.
- Execution of deployment plan, perform and manage Go/No Go checklists, resource and deployment coverage management, and communications to stakeholders.
- Participate in deployment activities and post deployment retrospective and monitor resolution of identified issues through upcoming releases.
- Partner with Enterprise Release Management team, impacted technology system owners to review deployment plans and supporting requirements to create program level deployment plans
- Determine environment planning impacts of various program assumptions including: System and user acceptance Testing, Business Continuity Planning, Release and Roll-back planning
Bank of America:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
The Associate Director, Information Security IT Governance, Risk, And Compliance (GRC) is responsible for leading defining, and implementing operational and architectural roadmap for IT Security...
Customer Logistics Supervisor- Full Time $48,000-$52,000/yr +/- 1st and 2nd Shift Dedicateed/Transportation/Last Mile Exp. Prefer'd DOT, HOS, ELD, Routing & Dispatching Exp. Bilingual-...
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE-INTEGRITY-FAMILY. As a Vehicle Sales Rep, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed, and empowered to develop...
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives? Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country? If...
The Senior Hub Specialist will work within a centralized location ensuring that productivity and operational goals are met in order to deliver customer satisfaction. They will continually look for...
AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist to work out of the AECOM office located in Morrisville, NC. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: Plans,...
The Associate Director, Information Security IT Governance, Risk, And Compliance (GRC) is...
Customer Logistics Supervisor- Full Time $48,000-$52,000/yr +/- 1st and 2nd...
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE-INTEGRITY-FAMILY. As...
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and...
The Senior Hub Specialist will work within a centralized location ensuring that productivity and...
AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist to work out of the AECOM office located in...