Global Engagement Internship
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Title: Global Engagement Intern
Location: San Francisco, United States
Program: Global Engagement
Start Date: January 15, 2020 or soon thereafter
End Date: May 31, 2020 *start and end dates can be flexible
Estimated number of hours per week: 10-20 hours/week, flexible
Will the intern be receiving a stipend? No
Will the intern travel? (local or international): No
*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Global Engagement Division mobilizes new investments in PATH, forges partnerships with businesses and corporations, advances policy and advocacy, and drives marketing and communications across the organization.
PATH is currently recruiting for an internship based in our PATH office in San Francisco, California.
Description of the project the Intern will complete:
The Global Engagement intern will work collaboratively on research and communications activities, as well as event planning, in order to gain practical on-the-job training and experience in collaboration and business development. Technical areas of focus may include the intersection of climate change and health, and AI for social good.
Description of overall learning objectives and goals for the internship/benefit to the Intern:
- The intern will gain insights into how a global health organization works, how it forms strategic partnerships, and how it mobilizes resources to support its programming.
- The intern will receive mentorship and experience in research, data synthesis and communications for global health, which may assist in meeting their career goals.
- The intern will further develop their research, analysis and communication skills.
- The intern will gain experience working for a leader in global health innovation and working alongside other leaders within PATH from a broad cross-section of backgrounds, as well as other partners and donors.
Brief description of required skills/experience the intern should possess:
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled in a graduate school program and have at least one additional term before completing a degree.
- Some public health knowledge or work experience; exposure to global health preferred
- Strong communications skills
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Research skills while investigating approaches to address health in the context of climate change, and uses of artificial intelligence for social good
- Identification of prospective partners and donors, including Bay Area-based companies, organizations interested in collaborating with PATH
- Presentation skills, including PowerPoint and other presentations to clearly demonstrate the value proposition of an NGO to diverse group of partners and prospective partners
- Organizational skills, as the interns helps to conceptualize, plan and execute on various events and meetings
- Knowledge of global health, digital health, nonprofit management and resource mobilization
- Fostering collaboration and coordination among team members
- Exposure to various software and systems
The intern will assist the Managing Director, and larger Global Engagement team, in researching new program areas and key Bay Area partners with whom PATH can collaborate. The intern should first do a thorough review of PATH’s current global portfolio, through the web site and other channels, understand the revised 2019-2020 Strategy, and expand our research base on key new programmatic areas and how strategic collaboration can lead to greater health impact.
Additional activities may include:
- Coordination and support for special events
- Developing, and conceptualizing content for proposals
- Posts for PATH blog, Twitter and Facebook accounts
*PATH does not provide a stipend to interns who are California residents.
*All PATH internships are eligible for school credit. Please refer to your university's process for credit eligibility.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Must be enrolled in an academic program for the duration of the internship.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- San Francisco, United States
- Company Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Skip to Main Content Search Menu Who We Are The KP Difference Our Locations Mission & History Innovation Life & Culture Working Here Diversity & Inclusion Disability Military In Our...
Electrical Engineering Intern- Summer 2020 (ID# 44120) San Francisco, CA Category: Electrical Engineering Job Type: Intern Minimum Experience: 0 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree In...
The Role As a Product Manager, you will play a key role in shaping the future of mobile intelligence. Whether you’re working with data science to build cutting edge machine learning solutions or...
ABOUT THE ROLE We are looking for a Strategic Partner Manager to lead channel development for our fast growing Agency and SI partner ecosystem. This person will create a strategy and build...
5 hours ago | Agribusiness - Plant & Soil Sciences, Seed and Biotechnology - Sales/Retail, AgCareers.com, 1 dayBayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of...
Lead Civil Engineer (ID# 44123) San Francisco, CA Category: Civil Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7-10 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
Skip to Main Content Search Menu Who We Are The KP Difference Our Locations Mission &...
Electrical Engineering Intern- Summer 2020 (ID# 44120) San Francisco, CA Category: Electrical...
The Role As a Product Manager, you will play a key role in shaping the future of mobile...
ABOUT THE ROLE We are looking for a Strategic Partner Manager to lead channel development for...
5 hours ago | Agribusiness - Plant & Soil Sciences, Seed and Biotechnology - Sales/Retail, AgCareers.com, 1 dayBayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care...
Lead Civil Engineer (ID# 44123) San Francisco, CA Category: Civil Engineering Job Type: Full...