Global Health Security Internship
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Global Health Security team is seeking two virtual interns to support the US-based teams in Seattle, WA and Washington, D.C.
*Please submit cover letter and writing sample with application
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide
PATH’s Global Health Security team leads several projects and initiatives that serve the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) and aim to strengthen global capacity to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease threats. These include the five-year, Centers for Disease Control (CDC)-funded Global Health Security projects; the USAID Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) project; and several Fleming Fund projects aimed at combatting and preventing the spread of antimicrobial resistance. The Global Health Security team is seeking two virtual interns to support the US-based teams in Seattle, WA and Washington, D.C. The Seattle based intern will support the CDC Global Health Security and Fleming Fund projects and the D.C. based intern will support the IDDS project.
Through this internship, the selected candidate(s) will provide coordination and communications support to the GHS Initiative. Activities will include supporting document and knowledge management, updating project management tools and trackers, developing PowerPoint presentations, editing communications materials, and providing status updates of project deliverables to the team. The intern will be expected to support and facilitate efficient and clear communication across global teams of experts and provide support to new and ongoing projects. The intern may have the opportunity to widen this scope subject to project activities and personal interests.
- The intern will be involved in hands-on work related to project coordination and communications.
- The intern will build ability to multi-task and work professionally with various colleagues and mentors within PATH, developing project coordination, management, and organizational skills.
- The intern will deepen their knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of public health, surveillance, and epidemiology.
- The intern will gain and utilize experience in proposal writing and report preparation.
- Support project coordination and management.
- Update capacity statements and other communications materials.
- Assist in the coordination of business development opportunities and external affairs, as needed.
- Assist the Senior Program Assistant with developing and refining donor project reports.
- Participate in regular project calls with country offices.
- Assist in finalizing project deliverables including editorial reviews.
- Required Experience
- Current student enrolled in an accredited university.
- Strong project coordination and management skills, with excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in global health, international development, and project management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Outlook, and OneNote.
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced environment.
- International work or study experience a plus.
- Familiarity with French a plus.
*PATH does not provide a stipend to interns who are California residents.
*All PATH internships are eligible for school credit. Please refer to your university's process for credit eligibility.
*Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
*Internship will be from March 2021 through July 2021.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page .
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com email address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Location
- Seattle, WA or Washington, DC, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle or Washington, DC
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Assistant Bridge Engineer (ID# 47827) Seattle, WA Category: Structural Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 0-1 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be a developing...
Req ID: 112847 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 112848 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Marketing Manager (ID# 47784) Seattle, WA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description WSP USA’s Northwest Marketing Group...
Customer Service Rep. 4193-Seattle 5901 E Marginal Way S Seattle, Washington, 98134-2414 United States WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and...
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator - *REMOTE* $70/hour Are you looking for your next MS Dynamics CRM project? We have an exciting new REMOTE position for a strategic client outside of Seattle,...
Assistant Bridge Engineer (ID# 47827) Seattle, WA Category: Structural Engineering Job...
Req ID: 112847 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 112848 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Marketing Manager (ID# 47784) Seattle, WA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum...
Customer Service Rep. 4193-Seattle 5901 E Marginal Way S Seattle, Washington, 98134-2414 United...
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator - *REMOTE* $70/hour Are you looking for your next MS...