National Community Health sets KP-s strategy to improve health and conditions for health for the 65 million people living in the communities that we serve around the country. Our strategy is three-fold, seeking to ensure health access both through programs at KP and partnerships with safety net providers; to improve conditions for health and equity; and to advance the future of community health through technology and social innovations.
Intern Project Overview: Our approach to improve conditions for health and equity includes a particular focus on creating economic opportunity in our communities through workforce development and job creation, small business growth, and community investment. In particular, we are working to deepen our efforts to maximize the positive community impacts from our business activities like hiring, purchasing, building facilities, and investing. The intern will support this strategic effort, working in partnership with a cross-functional taskforce representing core business departments. This Project offers an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to Kaiser Permanente business operations, from the lens of community impact and population health.
Desired Skill Set: Strong project management skills. Good writing / PowerPoint skills. Experience working with community organizations, business, and/or government. Community health / economic development / affordable housing professional experience or academic training.
Preferred Major(s): Ideally we would like a graduate student enrolled in an MBA or MPH program, or a dual MBA/MHA program.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
Senior Technical Program Manager - WD30069699109 What you will do: The Senior Program Manager provides oversight and responsibility for management of the portfolio of projects executed and managed...
Packaging Inventory Associate-19003388 Description Position Summary: Responsible for coordination of packaging changes across the supply chain to minimize packaging scrap costs. Own communication...
SMU-1908450 SMU-Strategic Planning Analyst Description Job Summary: Analyze organizational growth strategies and business plans to support senior executives and the Board in making major...
1908224 Manager, Strategy & Business Development-Physician Acquisitions Description POSITION SUMMARY: This position serves Sutter Bay Area's East and West Bay The Manager of Strategy & Business...
Construction Project Manager - (BI 0004ZS) Description The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our...
Sr. Project Manager - (BI 0004ZU) Description The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees...
Senior Technical Program Manager - WD30069699109 What you will do: The Senior Program Manager...
Packaging Inventory Associate-19003388 Description Position Summary: Responsible for...
SMU-1908450 SMU-Strategic Planning Analyst Description Job Summary: Analyze organizational...
1908224 Manager, Strategy & Business Development-Physician Acquisitions Description POSITION...
Construction Project Manager - (BI 0004ZS) Description The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of...
Sr. Project Manager - (BI 0004ZU) Description The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is...