Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
JOB TITLE: Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Engineering Manager
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. Hours of work will be 8:30am – 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 1:00pm Friday. The post holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post.
LOCATION: 2 Moor Road
Work with the Design and Operations teams to deliver manufacturing solutions to production against deliverables of cost, quality and schedule.
- Identify, assess and execute continuous improvement projects.
- Develop line layout and operator work content based on required throughput.
- Lead new programs / products through the Engineering Gate Process to ensure delivery to cost, time & specification. This includes Design Reviews, Drawing Reviews, Bill of Material (BoM) verification and risk management.
- Liaison between Operations and Design.
- Establish best practice methods.
- Vendor support for manufacturing / design queries.
- Establish recurring and non-recurring costs.
- Maximise Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) opportunities during the design process to meet and exceed overall program deliverables including cost, weight, quality and performance.
- Identify and define technical specifications of plant and equipment.
- Identify all tooling and fixtures required to manufacture the product to the specifications and tolerances required.
- Assist Operations in the creation and development of Standard Work.
- Promote and support a safe working environment in line with Company objectives.
- Track engineering issues to closure through the implementation of Engineering Change Notices into production.
- Disposition of non-conforming material.
- Any other duties as required to support business needs.
- Job Knowledge: Has the job knowledge and technical skills to understand his/her duties and responsibilities.
- Continuous Improvement: Constantly measures for the effectiveness of processes and strives to meet more difficult objectives. Generates new ideas and manages change effectively.
- Collaborative Skills: Initiates and develops relationships with, and gains the confidence and cooperation of people within and outside the business.
- Results Focus/Execution: A results oriented employee who sets challenging goals and achieves results, whilst prioritising tasks and overcoming obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly at all levels. Has the ability to adapt style and listens to and vales different opinions.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Evaluates, generates and implements problem-solving solutions. Has the ability to analyse situations systematically and make effective decisions.
- Planning & Organising: Develops realistic work plans, sets goals and aligns personal plans/goals with company goals. Manages time well and effectively, including personal attendance and on-time performance.
- Leadership: Acquires new or different knowledge to strengthen areas of expertise. Empowers and motivates others. Inspires confidence and respect from others.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Relevant engineering experience gained in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of lean manufacturing principles.
- Familiarity with CAD systems.
- Experience in New Product Development / New Product Introduction.
- Experience in Engineering Change Management
Closing date for online applications 10th November 2019 at midnight.
17 hours ago | Agribusiness - Commodities and Trading - Operator/General Laborer, AgCareers.com, 3 monthsFor more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we re one of the world...
Description Compuware empowers the world's largest companies to excel in the digital economy by taking full advantage of their mainframe investments. We do this by delivering innovative software...
Help Help Summary This is a non-bargaining unit position. This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP). This position is located in the Small Business Administration, Office of Field...
Job Description For over 60 years, Kelly Services has provided outstanding employment opportunities including temporary, direct hire and temp to hire to the most talented individuals in the market...
Professor or Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, MU, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA, about 2 monthsResponsibilities: The Department Chair is responsible for directing all aspects of the Department. We seek a dynamic individual who will provide vision, leadership and guidance for academic and...
17 hours ago | Agribusiness - Commodities and Trading - Operator/General Laborer, AgCareers.com, 3 monthsFor more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have...
Description Compuware empowers the world's largest companies to excel in the digital economy by...
Help Help Summary This is a non-bargaining unit position. This is not a (drug) testing...
Job Description For over 60 years, Kelly Services has provided outstanding employment...
Professor or Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, MU, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA, about 2 monthsResponsibilities: The Department Chair is responsible for directing all aspects of the...