The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignifiedlife for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, economic recovery, risk education, supporting accountability and effectiveness of the humanitarian response through coordination and analysis of referrals and increasing its focus on social stability. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations to support the presence of some 1.8 million Syrian and Palestinian refugees. The country office located in Beirut coordinates and supports field offices in Tripoli, Qobbayat and Zahle.
Abour the Job
The Grants Management Specialist is responsible for coordinating all funding acquisition activities in the DRC Lebanon mission, including proposal development processes, and supporting the entire grant management cycle. The Grants Management Specialist is expected to leverage his/her strategic position to regularly participate in programmatic discussions by maintaining a clear record of past, present and pipeline projects and analysing lessons learned across relevant grants-related activities and from grants review exercises to support strategic project design. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Funding Acquisition and donor engagement
- Support strategic funding acquisition efforts in coordination with the Senior Management Team and all other relevant parties from Beirut and field teams, including undertaking: revisions of fundraising strategy; updating of donor mapping on a regular basis; updating and ensuring compliance with donor engagement plan; development of tools and materials that can support with engagement of in-country donor representatives; and directly supporting donor engagement when required, including coordination of donor visits to programme sites.
- Guide all relevant staff, including SMT, to ensure that programmatic and funding decisions align with the aforementioned fundraising strategy and complementary documents
- Ensure follow up on DRC Lebanon Proposal Standard Operating Procedures (SoP) and improve as relevant
- Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with donor and DRC rules, regulations and guidelines and raise issues affecting external/ internal compliance;
- Facilitate monthly national grants management meetings (and ad hoc meetings as required) in coordination with field and Beirut programme and support teams end follow up on implementations of action points; provide guidance to ensure field grants management meetings are conducted and feedback received at the national level
- Update and manage country grants and reporting trackers monthly;
- Lead application process and ensure compliance regarding (no-)cost extensions, amendments, top ups, reallocations;
- Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of grant files, developing compliance sheets, updating of internal DRC documentation and other grant unit tools.
- Provide technical guidance and deliver trainings and capacity building to DRC staff and, when relevant, partners on DRC and donor guidelines, Grants management, Proposal development and Reporting
- Advise the Communication Department in budgeting for, designing and implementing communication activities to ensure adequate visibility of project activities as per donor guidelines and compliance with other donor communication requirements
- Liaise with Communication Department to ensure that high quality communication content is generated that can support funding acquisition, donor engagement and satisfy donor requirements
Programme Development and Quality
- Support broader strategic decision making (not strictly grants-related) in the Lebanon mission by leveraging knowledge of grants and donors
- Support Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team to periodically engage in lessons learned reviews and other analysis that can improve accountability and programme quality
To be successful in this role we expect you to have anUndergraduate degree in a relevant field of study, including, but not limited to: political science, international relations, Middle East studies project management, business administration, journalism, and English.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A minimum of 4 years of grants’ management experience within the humanitarian sector, preferably with an international NGO
- Extensive coordination experience across different departments (programme and support)
- Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding
- Knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and procedures of donors including US and European donors, EU funding mechanisms, and UN agencies
- Experience contributing to strategic and programmatic decisions and taking an active role in participating in project design
- Proven experience in capacity building and training of staff and partners
- Willingness to travel to DRC areas of operation across Lebanon
- Fluency in English is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong level of computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point)
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors in Lebanon, and the relevant INGO’s, NGO’s, UN, Governmental and Academic institutions a distinct advantage
- A Master’s Degree may be viewed as favourable if it can be demonstrated that it adds value to the post, is preferable
- Arabic is an advantage
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Description This is a Temporary Assignment for 70 days starting the beginning of December. Candidates with prior Mercy Corps experience are highly encouraged to apply. About Mercy Corps Mercy...
Procurement for the services of an urban planner for the development of a planning handbook, UNDP, about 1 monthThe UNDP Sustainable Land Management in the Qaraoun Catchment (SLMQ) Project aims at embedding sustainability considerations in land use planning and development activities in the Qaraoun...
SUMMARY As a Cashier, you are a vital part of our store team that is responsible for the day to day operations and the care and service provided to our customers/patients. This individual is...
Biller I (ID# 43267) Ephrata, PA Category: Shared Services Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 1-3 Required Education: High School Diploma Job Description Be involved in projects with our...
Biller I (ID# 43268) Ephrata, PA Category: Shared Services Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 1-3 Required Education: High School Diploma Job Description Be involved in projects with our...
Biller I (ID# 43564) Ephrata, PA Category: Shared Services Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 1-3 Required Education: High School Diploma Job Description Be involved in projects with our...
Description This is a Temporary Assignment for 70 days starting the beginning of December....
Procurement for the services of an urban planner for the development of a planning handbook, UNDP, about 1 monthThe UNDP Sustainable Land Management in the Qaraoun Catchment (SLMQ) Project aims at embedding...
SUMMARY As a Cashier, you are a vital part of our store team that is responsible for the day to...
Biller I (ID# 43267) Ephrata, PA Category: Shared Services Job Type: Full Time Minimum...
Biller I (ID# 43268) Ephrata, PA Category: Shared Services Job Type: Full Time Minimum...
Biller I (ID# 43564) Ephrata, PA Category: Shared Services Job Type: Full Time Minimum...