About Man Group
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $114.4bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across multiple jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm's single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialised approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group's investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organisation.
Through the Man Charitable Trust, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com
For more information about Man Group's commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit www.man.com/diversity
*As at 30 June 2019. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment "engines" of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
About Man Global Private Markets
Man Global Private Markets (Man GPM) focuses on investments in private markets, including real and corporate assets across the capital structure globally. Launched with the acquisition of Aalto Invest in 2017, Man GPM sources investment opportunities offering differentiated return streams with attractive risk adjusted return potential.
With investment teams in the US, the UK and Switzerland, Man GPM's current capabilities include US residential real estate equity and debt, US and European commercial real estate debt, and US direct lending to specialty finance vehicles.
Man GPM takes a hands-on approach to managing investments and seeks to generate alpha through direct origination, in-house structuring and active ongoing involvement in the investments it manages.
Launched by Man Group in 2017, Man GPM's funds under management were $2.5bn at 30 June 2019. Further information can be found at www.man.com/gpm .
Purpose of the role
This position is a Head of GPM Middle Office Accounting & Operations role supporting all strategies for Man Global Private Markets.
This candidate will manage a team in support of Portfolio and Asset Management activities. The team will be responsible for sign-off of monthly fund NAV as well as daily operations such as auditing and approving cash management for asset purchases and loan administration, communicating payment status and responding to inquiries from the front office.
The candidate will be responsible for a managing the day to day operations support and for liaising with senior management and other areas of the business (legal, compliance, structuring and service providers) regarding new business pipeline, fund reorgs, and other ad-hoc projects.
- Manage the direction and administration of operations and processes for debt and equity positions backed by real estate assets
- Responsible for external service provider oversight
- Accountable for internal stakeholder management
- Check and process all cash management and payment processing activities for front office activities
- Responsible for the account setup and reconciliation of transactions across real estate debt and equity strategies
- Participate in the due diligence and KYC process for counterparties and service providers
- Responsible for service provider relationship for fund administration arrangements
- Responsible for internal fund accounting procedures
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and investor reports
- Actively monitor risk by identifying trends and potential issues with operational controls
- Oversight of independent fund administration and maintenance of internal books and records for Man Group's real estate funds
- Ad hoc research and financial analysis to support new business opportunities
- Responsible for maintenance of fund valuation policy and management of valuation process
- Taking a proactive and innovative approach to enhancing processes and maintaining internal policies and procedures manuals
- Track deal terms and conditions for fund investments
- Prepare deal specific waterfall calculation schedules
- Work with members of other strategies as needed to provide support
- 5+ years of experience in a residential real estate investment operations role
- Residential real estate investment experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with UK Community Housing REITs preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP and tax
- A keen eye for operational risk and the ability to apply this attribute in day-to-day work
- Financial modelling and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Extremely accurate with a high attention to detail
Diversity, Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man Group
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity . Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group also supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
Help Help Duties Summary Performs clerical/assistant work in support of the care and treatment provided to patients in a ward, clinic, or other such unit of a medical facility, such as...
Help Help Duties Summary Performs clerical/assistant work in support of the care and...