Hearings Administrative Coordinator - (190002U2)
The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) assists and empowers low-income individuals and families to meet their basic needs, improve their quality of life, and achieve long term economic self-sufficiency. DTA serves one in eight residents of the Commonwealth with direct economic assistance (cash benefits) and food assistance (SNAP benefits), as well as workforce training opportunities.
This is a provisional appointment.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Hearings Administrative Coordinator. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out the administrative functions of the Division of Hearings on an ongoing basis as assigned by the Supervisor. The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the BEACON system continuously on a daily basis and promptly process any incoming documents.
- Remain current with all hearing-related functions of the BEACON system and use the system to manage all stages of the appeal process from filing through decision.
- Coordinate and apply proper procedures and formats for Complaints for Judicial Review (CJR’s).
- Organize the decision and exhibits for submission to the Legal Division. Receive and return a completed and edited transcript within the established time frames to ensure timely submission between the Legal Division and Superior Court.
- Continuously develop and/or improve methods to make the transcription process more effective and efficient.
- Provide contractors with advice and technical assistance when needed and monitor the progression of services to ensure that the work is completed within the specified time frames.
- Prepare and complete contracts and other documents for submission within established guidelines.
- Prepare and distribute daily/weekly/monthly reports for the Director, Assistant Directors, Hearing Officers and all related parties.
- Type confidential correspondences such as Subpoenas, Coercives and memos/letters for Director and Assistant Directors.
- Process, screen and distribute incoming mail using the BEACON system. Promptly aid-pends all timely appeals in the BEACON system and notifies related parties.
- Promptly enters all new appeals into the BEACON system. Assembles any necessary hearing packets and timely notifies all appropriate parties of upcoming hearings.
- Answer incoming calls, retrieve files and computer records, provide information, take reschedule and withdrawal requests and follow through with established procedures.
- Send out any necessary Hearing Officer correspondence using established procedures to ensure timely receipt by all necessary parties.
- Update all cases and/or closes all cases by using the BEACON system according to established procedures for Closeouts, Abandonments, Withdrawals, and Reschedules.
- Prepare supply requisitions to ensure that there is an adequate supply of all equipment and supplies. Updates the supply log by using Microsoft Excel.
- Keep track of all office equipment and update inventory log for new, broken or returned items.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment under extreme time pressures.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at once while paying attention to detail and minimizing errors.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects to complete all work on daily deadlines.
- Very strong telephone customer service skills. Ability to field calls, answer questions by accessing computer databases, and offer effective solutions to client concerns.
- Ability to work well with colleagues in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to interact well with managers, Supervisor, and Hearing Officers and keep them apprised of all important developments.
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori and click on "Information for Job Applicants".
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
For questions, please contact the CYF Office of Human Resources at 1-800-510-4122 and select option #2.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full time, or equivalent part-time, professional, administrative or managerial experience in business administration, business management or public administration the major duties of which involved program management, program administration, program coordination, program planning and/or program analysis, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor's degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the-required experience.*
II. A Graduate degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
III. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Program Coordinator II
: United States-Massachusetts-600 Washington Street
: Administrative Services
: Department of Transitional Assistance
: May 14, 2019, 11:19:54 AM
Number of Openings
: 57,245.50 - 81,952.52 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Keesha LaTulippe - 617-348-5169
Bargaining Unit: 06-NAGE - Professional Admin.
Retail Sales Specialist Apply Share Posted Date: Jul-23-2019 Job ID: 15183 Job Function: Retail Sales City: Silverdale State: Washington Store: Silverdale What's cool about this job You will serve...
The Marketing Support Specialist role conducts a range of TDM, marketing and promotional projects, aimed at enhancing opportunities for individual travelers, commuters and/or students to utilize...
In this position, you will be a member of the outreach team, based in York, PA, promoting commute options to individuals and organizations across 13 counties of Pennsylvania. Although the...
General Information Job Title: CTAE (9-12) School System: Calhoun County Subject: Agriculture Grade Level: High School (7-12) Job Description Job Title: Grades 9-12 Combination School System:...
Retail Sales Specialist Apply Share Posted Date: Jul-23-2019 Job ID: 15183 Job Function: Retail...
The Marketing Support Specialist role conducts a range of TDM, marketing and promotional...
In this position, you will be a member of the outreach team, based in York, PA, promoting...
General Information Job Title: CTAE (9-12) School System: Calhoun County Subject:...