Presbyterian Homes & Services - Optage Hospice is seeking a Chaplain to join its team.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Hospice Chaplain develops and implements a spiritual care program to meet the spiritual and emotional needs of clients and their families. General areas of responsibility include: visiting and counseling clients and families to ease, resolve, or reconcile spiritual pain and distress precipitated by life-limiting illness; providing religious, sacramental and educational services; participating in client care conferences and specialized; liaison to the church community and local clergy service organizations. The Chaplain also provides support through client/family advocacy, spiritual assessment, service coordination and participation in care planning
- Must possess a degree from an accredited theological seminary.
- Credentialed by an ordaining or licensing religious or spiritual body.
Completion of four (4) units of CPE or one (1) unit plus equivalency.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of life threatening and chronic illness, grief and loss, individual, family and group therapy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current professional standards of theory and practice of hospice spiritual care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of death, dying, and bereavement process.
- Excellent bereavement assessment and documentation skills.
- Ability to organize work flow, respond to emergencies and note detail. Ability to maintain a high level of performance in an environment of frequent demands and changes.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and other common computer programs.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.