The housekeeping aids who maintain VA facilities for Veterans and their families are essential to the patient care experience at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). A VA healthcare career as a housekeeping aide means working alongside other Veterans, who make up 85 percent of the housekeeping staff. As a Housekeeping Aid, you will perform a full range of light and heavy cleaning duties and routine housekeeping duties. Veterans rely on the skills of these professionals to keep patient areas clean and safe by addressing spills quickly, discarding trash, installing light bulbs in halls and rooms, and vacuuming and polishing floors.
- Floor maintenance, wall washing, cleaning of doors, door frames, baseboards and stairwells.
- Sweeping, dust mopping, damp and wet mopping, scrubbing, floor stripping, refinishing buffing, vacuuming, spot washing and dusting, furniture cleaning, ventilation cover and light fixture cleaning
- Empties trash and waste baskets, transporting refuse to established collection point
- Replenishes supplies of paper goods, add hand sanitizer and routine upkeep of dispensers such as replacing batteries
- Cleans rest rooms and shower rooms
- Moves and arranges furniture, patient wardrobes, beds, etc. in the assigned area to accomplish cleaning tasks
- Moves all types of furniture including desks, file cabinets, beds, etc.
- Cleans and sanitizes all rolling stock, such as IV poles, bed tables, bedside stands, patient lifts, wheelchairs, commodes
- May work within the linen distribution program
Monday-Friday 7:00am- 3:30pm
Position Description Title/PD#:
Housekeeping Aid /PD # 08122A
May be authorized to a highly qualified candidate.