Human Resources Coordinator - (190003U0)
The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) assists and empowers low-income individuals and families to meet their basic needs, improve their quality of life, and achieve long term economic self-sufficiency. DTA serves one in eight residents of the Commonwealth with direct economic assistance (cash benefits) and food assistance (SNAP benefits), as well as workforce training opportunities.
This is a provisional appointment.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Human Resources Coordinator. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Unit. The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with recruitment process; create and manage job postings in Mass Careers (Taleo) system, send internal alerts for new job postings, perform salary calculations, facilitate referral interviews, extend conditional offers
- Assist with employee onboarding and exit processes; complete personnel transaction forms, review and assemble hiring packages, assemble new hire orientation packets, communicate separation process to employees leaving department
- Maintain weekly staffing reports and Agency organizational charts
- Assist in development, coordinator, and presentation of HR trainings and orientations
- Assist Diversity and Inclusion Manager with coordinator diversity and inclusion-related activities (event-planning, logistics, scheduling, etc)
- Coordinate and maintain files and correspondence for the HR Liaison
- Download and distribute HR reports
- Prepare materials for staffing meetings
- Maintain HR records for the department
- Oversee the State Employee Request Volunteer (SERV) Program
- Monitor HR unit phone line, voice mailbox, and respond to general phone inquiries
- Assist with various special projects as needed
- Customer service experience
- Professional writing skills
- Ability to navigate web-based programs
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – specifically Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Detail-oriented, prioritization and time management skills
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori and click on "Information for Job Applicants".
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
For questions, please contact the CYF Office of Human Resources at 1-800-510-4122 and select option #2.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional, administrative or managerial experience in business administration, business management or public administration the major duties of which involved program management, program administration, program coordination, program planning and/or program analysis, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
II. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Program Coordinator I
: United States-Massachusetts-600 Washington Street
: Administrative Services
: Department of Transitional Assistance
: May 14, 2019, 3:21:54 PM
Number of Openings
: 52,015.34 - 74,146.02 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Keesha LaTulippe - 617-348-5169
Bargaining Unit: 06-NAGE - Professional Admin.
In this position, you will be a member of the outreach team, based in York, PA, promoting commute options to individuals and organizations across 13 counties of Pennsylvania. Although the...
Retail Sales Specialist Apply Share Posted Date: Jul-23-2019 Job ID: 15183 Job Function: Retail Sales City: Silverdale State: Washington Store: Silverdale What's cool about this job You will serve...
The Marketing Support Specialist role conducts a range of TDM, marketing and promotional projects, aimed at enhancing opportunities for individual travelers, commuters and/or students to utilize...
General Information Job Title: CTAE (9-12) School System: Calhoun County Subject: Agriculture Grade Level: High School (7-12) Job Description Job Title: Grades 9-12 Combination School System:...
In this position, you will be a member of the outreach team, based in York, PA, promoting...
Retail Sales Specialist Apply Share Posted Date: Jul-23-2019 Job ID: 15183 Job Function: Retail...
The Marketing Support Specialist role conducts a range of TDM, marketing and promotional...
General Information Job Title: CTAE (9-12) School System: Calhoun County Subject:...