Title: Office of Special Education and Student Services Inclusive Practices Support Specialists (BTU)
Job Code: S20302
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent of Special Education
The Boston Public Schools and Office of Special Education Supports and Services believe that students with disabilities can be academically and behaviorally successful in inclusive environments. The level and type of support our students with disabilities need can vary based on their individualized educational plans (IEPs) and schools sometimes need additional technical support to ensure this academic and behavioral success. The District is looking for dynamic and innovative individuals to work collaboratively with central and school based teams to provide direct support to general, inclusive and substantially separate classrooms that need assistance in developing and implementing instructional strategies in academics, behavior, and/ or social skills . These may vary for individual, small group, or classroom support.
BPS is compiling Inclusive Practice Teams, consisting of two IP Specialists and one paraprofessional each, to work directly with classroom staff. The teams will not only provide direct consultation and coaching, but will also identify and develop tools and other professional development resources to support schools and students. There will be four district wide Inclusive Practice Teams. The teams will be charged with providing direct consultation and coaching support, including modeling, to classroom staff. They will also be identifying and developing tools, and professional development on larger topics to support all students.
The Inclusive Practice Support Specialists need to have extensive experience working with students with disabilities and implementing successful instructional, behavioral, and social strategies in a variety of educational settings. The Inclusive Practice Teams will also work with central office personnel to build capacity and understanding of the school experience that is needed for the BPS inclusion vision to be attained. The Office of Special Education wants to create support networks that will ensure all students have equitable access to opportunities and experience achievement.
The Inclusive Practice Support Specialist is responsible for the following:
Qualifications - Required:
- Hold valid Special Education certification in moderate OR severe disabilities;
- Hold a Master’s Degree in the field of Special Education or Related Field;
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience as a Special Education teacher in a large urban district ;
- Demonstrate experience in culturally and linguistically responsive practices;
- Experience with problem solving complex cases;
- Demonstrate experience with and a strong understanding of the Common Core and UDL;
- Demonstrate capability to work collaboratively with central office and school administrators, direct service providers, families, students, and outside partners;
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and address the academic and behavioral needs of students;
- Ability to effectively communicate how to design rigorous instruction that incorporates engagement methods and access for the diverse needs of BPS classrooms, such as Universal Design for Learning and differentiated instruction as well as interventions;
- Demonstrate knowledge of transition requirements for students with disabilities;
- Be authorized to work in the United States (candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment).
Qualifications - Preferred:
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- ESL certified
- Bilingual or fluent in a second language
Terms: This is a BTU position. Salary depends on education and experience.
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Title: Teaching Assistant/Instructional Aide Reports to: Classroom Teacher Qualifications: High School diploma, Associates and/or Bachelor's degree required. Experience working with children with...
The RISE program serves students with Autism in a range of settings from substantially separate to full inclusion in a general education classroom. A primary focus for all RISE students is to...
Second Grade Teacher at Eliot School starting August 31, 2020 Long Term Substitute August - May "Eliot fosters a love of learning in a community where everyone matters!" John Eliot is a K-5...
At the Florida Ruffin Ridley School, we are constantly striving to deliver the highest quality instruction for our students and maintain a community that values and honors each individual that...
The Teaching Assistant (TA) supports all students and assists the respectively-licensed educator in the delivery of curricula. The TA supports classroom learners including students in special...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS FRAMINGHAM HIGH SCHOOL TITLE: Special Education Mathematics Teacher 2020-2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY : To provide direct instruction to students in special...
Title: Teaching Assistant/Instructional Aide Reports to: Classroom Teacher Qualifications: High...
The RISE program serves students with Autism in a range of settings from substantially separate...
Second Grade Teacher at Eliot School starting August 31, 2020 Long Term Substitute August -...
At the Florida Ruffin Ridley School, we are constantly striving to deliver the highest quality...
The Teaching Assistant (TA) supports all students and assists the respectively-licensed educator...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS FRAMINGHAM HIGH SCHOOL TITLE: Special Education Mathematics...