UNDP is the UN Development Programme and works in some 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. UNDP helps countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. In 2017, UNDP is continuing to work to support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as they help shape global sustainable development for the next 15 years.
Drawing on the diversity of UNDP’s client needs and partnerships, the Office of Human Resources (OHR) is the hub for the global HR function for UNDP, providing strategy, policy setting, guidance and oversight. In alignment with the People for 2030 and People Development 2020 Strategy, the Talent Development Unit (TDU) at OHR is committed to provide improved opportunities for, and better targeting of, learning and development initiatives so that UNDP staff can reach their full potential and increase organizational capability and effectiveness.?
Under the supervision of TDU’s Capability Development Team, the intern will contribute to the research, design, implementation and evaluation of learning technologies, digital learning platforms and learning experience systems.
In this regard, TDU is seeking a home-based learning technology intern preferably located in Africa, Asia, Central Europe/Middle East and Latin America to support the People for 2030 and People Development 2020 Strategy.
- The Intern will receive a monthly stipend. The amount will vary depending on their duty city / country.
- The amount can also vary depending if a selected candidate receives financial support from a nominating institution, related institution or government.
Training Components and Learning Elements
- As a member of the TDU team, the intern will:
- Learn the structure, mechanisms, policies and practice areas of UNDP.
- Learn about online learning and career development initiatives.
- Participate in dedicated trainings and UNDP online learning tools.
- Strengthen his/her effective writing and visual communication skills.
- Participate in working groups.
Start Date of the Internship
With consideration for the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its implications on working arrangements, the selected candidate will be expected to start his/her internship between September and October, 2020.
- Please ensure you are eligible for this internship by reviewing the detailed eligibility criteria before applying.
- There is no expectation of employment with UNDP following an internship
- Please enclose your CV only. This website only receives documents in one pdf file. So please make sure your CV is in one file.
- Please do not enclose any other documents like certificates or publications at this point. We require only your CV to be uploaded. We will request for further documentation as we progress with the process of this recruitment.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further