Org .Setting And Reporting
The United Nations (UN) Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is the UN Secretariat department responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to complex emergencies and natural disasters. OCHA also ensures that there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, duties may include but are not limited to lending support to projects and/or activities within the branch/Division of assignment. The intern DOES NOT need to have a technology background, but rather a strong research background combined with a general interest in technology. In particular, the intern may:
- Undertake research at the interaction of (new or emerging) technology and humanitarian affairs in topics such as blockchain, big data, and artificial intelligence. The aim would be to identify how they are already or potentially could affect humanitarian response.
- Draft reports and/or guidelines to help articulate research findings and guide other humanitarians to better understand and possibly adopt the new technology, process or approach.
- Conduct and draft research aimed at improving the integration of digital humanitarians and remote information management into humanitarian response.
- Communication: -Speaks and writes clearly and effectively-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately -Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication -Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Teamwork: -Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals-Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others-Places team agenda before personal agenda-Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position -Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Technological Awareness: -Keeps abreast of available technology -Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office-Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks -Shows willingness to learn new technology
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme. Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
- The University degree must be in the area of Business Administration (General, Management, or Computer Science), International Relations, Policy Development, Management (General, Information Systems), Information Technology (Information Management, Information Systems, or Information Architecture, Information Systems) or a related field.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme; but applicants should:
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.Any academic and/or practical experience in establishing, fostering and coordinating a diverse group of actors is desirable. Research experience and published work in any of the above or related areas is an asset.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
EcoDesign Intern-RES17947 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer "Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in...
Quality Test Engineer III (ACC000HQ) Job : IT/Technical & Product Development Primary Location : NA-United States Organization : Accuity, Inc. Description Quality Test Engineer III Evanston,...
Cybersecurity Architect - IRES - Huntsville - (AS0003RB) Description The Cybersecurity Architect will be responsible to plan and guide the evolution of a wide variety of MDA Enterprise...
Cybersecurity Architect - IRES - SAFB - (AS0003RA) Description The Cybersecurity Architect will be responsible to plan and guide the evolution of a wide variety of MDA Enterprise Cybersecurity...
Program Leader HIV and Tuberculosis, Global Health Programs Tracking Code 9041 Job Description *Please note: this position is open to current PATH employees only. Application deadline is August...
Program Management Core Systems Intern-PRO24018 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer "Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer...
EcoDesign Intern-RES17947 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer "Technical...
Quality Test Engineer III (ACC000HQ) Job : IT/Technical & Product Development Primary...
Cybersecurity Architect - IRES - Huntsville - (AS0003RB) Description The Cybersecurity Architect...
Cybersecurity Architect - IRES - SAFB - (AS0003RA) Description The Cybersecurity Architect will...
Program Leader HIV and Tuberculosis, Global Health Programs Tracking Code 9041 Job...
Program Management Core Systems Intern-PRO24018 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity...