IT College Rotation Program - (18005969)
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
In the IT College Hire Rotation Program, candidates will have an opportunity to engage in all aspects of the development and implementation of a systems project or program. During the two-year program, you will have the opportunity to work within various departments and cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of computer-based systems from the design process through to a finished state for internal and external customers.
Candidates will be working in a collaborative environment to take projects from original concept through final implementation with hands-on exposure to all areas affected including: end users, computer services, and client services.
Candidates will utilize technical problem-solving skills, clinical applications knowledge, software administration skills and infrastructure delivery knowledge. There are opportunities to participate in and lead projects to solve key business issues throughout the rotations. Some areas of work may include: analyzing applications and identifying issues or developing more efficient systems and processes. As part of the program the candidate will have the opportunity to experience project management, business and systems analysis, testing, and customer support.
Opportunities may also exist to rotate assignments across MSH IT functions.
Candidates can expect engagement with senior leadership via presentations and project reviews as well as challenging and rewarding IT experience in a variety of areas. Candidates will build strong business, technology, and system knowledge through real world application. In addition, business skills and leadership develop is available via corporate sponsored courses and trainings .
- Apply proficiency in new technologies or tools to complete objectives for your rotation
- Provide feedback on scope of project/role and pace of work to determine optimal utilization and exposure during rotation
- Contribute to the strategic goals of the organization by assisting with proposals which include: cost, solution selection and business drivers using PMO provided templates
- Participate as part of a cross functional team to ensure delivery of IT projects on time, on budget and meeting scope and quality expectations
- Contribute to IT project portfolio by keeping the project health details updated and all required project artifacts in the SharePoint documentation repository
- Contribute to the constant improvement of Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in feedback for program development and provide mentorship to new college hires
2+ years experience in business analysis, requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- Experience in two or more of the following:
- Business information systems
- Business analysis
- Requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- Passion for technology, academic excellence, business acumen, leadership ability
- Able to operate across a diverse workplace culture and workforce
- Commitment to and passion for excellence, quality, and patient care
- Strong technical and analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Previous internship or work experience
- Strong multi-tasking, analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interact in a variety of situations to include business development, customer service, orientations, and training
- Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, executives and other team members
4-year degree in computer science, management information systems, clinical informatics or related field
General office demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
: United States-Texas-The Woodlands
: McKesson Specialty Health
: Jul 20, 2018
Mgr Programs 2 Requisition ID : 18027084 Location : United States-Minnesota-Plymouth US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be...
Mgr Programs 2 Requisition ID : 19001501 Location : United States-Minnesota-Plymouth US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be...
Vice President IT - Data Architecture - 124024 Description West is building a World Class Technology Organization poised to make 2019 a Breakthrough Year. If you have the vision, experience, and...
Technology Internship Program( Job Number: MAC13518) Description ARE YOU… • … interested in learning what it takes to run an eCommerce business? • … eager to apply what you’ve learned in...
Staff Engr Mission Assurance Requisition ID : 18028769 Location : United States-Minnesota-Plymouth US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance...
Software Engineer - Python( Job Number: MAC13396) Description Job Overview: A Software Engineer is a professional responsible for the development and support of applications for a specific area,...
Mgr Programs 2 Requisition ID : 18027084 Location : United States-Minnesota-Plymouth US...
Mgr Programs 2 Requisition ID : 19001501 Location : United States-Minnesota-Plymouth US...
Vice President IT - Data Architecture - 124024 Description West is building a World Class...
Technology Internship Program( Job Number: MAC13518) Description ARE YOU… • … interested in...
Staff Engr Mission Assurance Requisition ID : 18028769 Location : United...
Software Engineer - Python( Job Number: MAC13396) Description Job Overview: A Software Engineer...