The Laboratory Assistant will perform data entry and laboratory specimen processing; organize and process orders and support the Sharp Experience to provide excellent customer service. Performs clerical functions related to patient reception. Checks working materials inventory, including expiration dates, and demonstrates ability to evaluate consumable levels to prevent shortages and expired supplies, and alerts ordering personnel in a timely manner. Works in a team environment and also be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
The SRN department offers opportunities to experience a wide range of laboratory experience at various sites within Sharp HealthCare. Sharp promotes quality patient-family centered care in a team environment with excellent customer service.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Clinical Laboratory, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position will be located at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, San Diego County
This is a per diem position. 8-hour variable shifts including weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Effective interpersonal and customer relations and critical thinking skills
- Strong professional level of written and oral communication skills necessary to support the efficient and effective transfer of data and information
- Ability to utilize resources in an organized manner
- Computer skills, data entry proficiency
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- College coursework in Chemistry or Biology
- One year recent employment experience in a clinical laboratory
- Detailed accurate data and specimen processing skills
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.