Laboratory Associate, Diagnostics
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
**Recruiting to fill two positions**
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Diagnostics Program at PATH conducts research and development, technical evaluation, introduction, and technology transfer of low-cost, rapid, novel and easy to use diagnostic tests that are appropriate for use in developing country health systems. We are seeking a Laboratory Associate who will work on multiple projects for the rapid development of the most promising, cost-effective and impactful diagnostic technologies.
Key responsibilities involve conducting bioanalytical methods to advance the development of new diagnostic tests.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Associate to support development efforts of new diagnostics.
- Perform routine immunoassay and molecular biology procedures including ELISA, RDTs, RT-PCR, qPCR and isothermal amplification assays
- Prepare reagents, chemical solutions and culture media according to established procedures
- Aliquot, catalogue, and store clinical samples;
- Extract and purify, DNA, RNA, antibodies and other analytes from various sources
- Operate, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Assist lead scientist on other work related to project when required
- Collect, organize and interpret experimental results
- Compile, write, and edit procedures and reports
- Present results at meetings
- Required Experience
- Master’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular biology, Genetics, or a related field, plus a minimum of three years of applied experience, or B.Sc. plus a minimum of five years of applied experience
- Ability to perform ELISA, RNA/DNA isolation, qPCR and other molecular biology techniques following standard operation procedures
- Excellent bench work skills
- Ability to trouble shoot experimental challenges
- High attention to detail and clarity in record keeping
- Working knowledge of BL-2 lab safety and pathogen handling
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage several tasks by setting priorities and scheduling resources within the team
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to join international calls outside of business hours.
- Ability to travel in the U.S. and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- MSc. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Genetics, or a related field with interest in global health
- Demonstrated ability performing immunochemistry and molecular biology techniques in academic and/or industry setting
- Experience designing and conducting experiments independently
- Experience in diagnostic development
- Experience with antibody and/or antigen purification
- Familiarity with quality assurance principles
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (FDA, GCLP, GCP, ISO, cGMP)
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Lead Transportation Planner (ID# 46427) Seattle, WA Category: Planning Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be part of our growing and...
A physician in the Mental Health Service at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System is a licensed, independent provider who is highly skilled in the evaluation and treatment of patients with a broad...
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. We are seeking a full-time associate...
Senior Bridge/Structures Engineer (ID# 46435) Seattle, WA Category: Structural Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 5-7 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be a...
KAISER PERMANENTE WASHINGTON IS GROWING! WE ARE EXPANDING OUR SURGICAL SERVICES, AND ARE IN NEED OF GREAT TALENT TO JOIN OUR KP WASHINGTON TEAM! THIS STERILE TECH WILL JOIN THE TACOMA SURGICAL...
Lead Transportation Planner (ID# 46427) Seattle, WA Category: Planning Job Type: Full...
A physician in the Mental Health Service at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System is a licensed,...
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed...
Senior Bridge/Structures Engineer (ID# 46435) Seattle, WA Category: Structural...
KAISER PERMANENTE WASHINGTON IS GROWING! WE ARE EXPANDING OUR SURGICAL SERVICES, AND ARE IN NEED...