Your challenge is to help one of the most talented art teams build and bring the creatures of Azeroth to life. We’ve been fostering epic experiences for over 10 years, and your goal is to help expand the characters, creatures, and stories. We want you to work closely with the Art Director overseeing animation and other art leads to help drive the style forward.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience with animation leadership on multiple AAA games or films. We are looking for someone passionate about the World of Warcraft animation style and ways to take it to the next level.
- Create prototype animations and other benchmark assets
- Main point of communication between the animators and all other teams.
- Provide guidance during creative discussions with design and art leadership
- Manage a team of animators, spearheading project planning and ensuring our artistic quality while staying on schedule
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business needs
- Partner with art management to ensure team is healthy and strong
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Assist in supporting and evolving the Animation team with constructive feedback
- Drive improvements in processes and pipeline
- Provide animation direction to ensure the quality of their work is in line with the Art Director's vision and set deadlines
- Explore a wide variety of ideas that push the WoW animation
- Ability to identify, mentor and grow talent
- Effectively collaborate with production, design, engineering, and other art departments
- 5+ years of experience animating for film/video games with some leadership experience
- Exceptional skills in animating the humanoid bipeds, quadrupeds, and other creatures
- Understanding of FX, particles, cloth, and hair as they relate to animation
- Understand the animation style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it forward
- Able to collaborate closely with others and inclusive decision-maker
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude