The New York Public Library Legal Department offers challenging, interesting internship opportunities for current law students during the summer following their first or second year of law school. NYPL Legal Interns are involved in a wide variety of legal matters, working closely with NYPL attorneys and general counsel on issues including legal research and writing, contract review, copyright and IP matters, litigation, governance and not-for-profit law.
**Interns must receive funding from their law school.**
**Candidates must submit the following to be considered: cover letter, resume, writing sample, current law school transcript. Please note that you must upload and submit all materials together as one document (PDF) on your application.**
- Legal Interns will conduct research and draft memoranda and other legal documents
- Participate in internal meetings and may have the opportunity to attend external meetings and events.
- Current enrollment in an accredited J.D. program.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- An interest in non-profit educational institutions
- Self-motivated and inquisitive
- Be Helpful to patrons and colleagues
- Be Resourceful in solving problems
- Be Curious in all aspects of your work
- Office setting
- Limited physical effort is required
35 hours per week for 8-10 weeks Summer 2020