Gilbert, ARIZONA | 5 months
This position may have expired!
$27,581 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Licensed Practical Nurse - San Tan (Gilbert) - (18011019)
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is an integral member of the multi-disciplinary health care team who functions under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse and/or licensed physician. The LPN is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under his or her direction. The position observes, contributes to the plan of care, implements, reports and documents patient care in accordance with organizational policies and the standards of professional nursing practice while assisting the clinician with the treatment and examination of the patient. The LPN must apply current nursing knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills to provide for the well-being of the individual and the family. The LPN serves as a resource for internal and external customers by utilizing a number of resources such as established Cigna policies; protocols and guidelines to ensure delivery of high quality care within the guidelines of Cigna Healthcare of Arizona Nursing Policies and Procedures. The LPN utilizes knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills needed to provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age patients. The LPN contributes to the organization’s drive to achieve “Triple Aim”: improves the individual experience of care; improves quality and the health of CMG’s population, and reduces the cost of care for the population.
Clinical Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Observes, compiles, and reports the patient’s physical, psychological, social, spiritual, and educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs.
- Determines priorities of care with the clinician during the office visit.
- Contributes to plan of care under the direction of the clinician utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input for a patient whose condition is stable and/or predictable. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age-specific, and educational needs of the patient.
- Provides care based on clinician orders and delegated interventions within scope of practice and in compliance with policies, and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. May delegate and provide supervision in the provision of care to non-licensed personnel in accordance with the state scope of practice.
- Reports condition of patient, including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change in the patient’s condition to the clinician. Observes and reports patient progress in collaboration with other healthcare team members.
- Documents observation, implementation and data in the patient record. Documentation reflects objective and subjective data, nursing interventions and patient’s response to treatment. Documentation in the E H R is timely and in accordance with policy.
- Makes follow-up telephone calls to patients and initiates referrals as directed by the clinician.
- Utilizes resources appropriately to provide for the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age-specific and educational needs of the patient.
- Knowledgeable about Cigna Medical Group education programs, clinical guidelines, facility hours, services and locations, and contractual guidelines.
- Provides care based on evidence based nursing guidelines.
- Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
- Contributes patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care.
- Participates in the improvement of nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
- Follows OSHA guidelines for handling biological fluids and blood.
- Uses supplies in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Responsible for following and promoting department and CMG procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines to ensure the safety, security, and well-being of patients.
- NOTE: The above is not intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be and exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor.
Complexity and Scope
This position works under supervision, prioritizing data from multiple sources to provide quality care and support to the patient and family. The LPN Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments; physicians, patients, families as well as external contacts, such as employees of other healthcare institutions community clinicians and agencies concerning the healthcare of the patient. The focus is always on a positive patient experience.
- LPN with current Arizona license
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current BCLS certification
- 1-2 year back office experience preferred
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Computer skills.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com
: United States-Arizona-Gilbert
AZ 3530 South Val Vista Drive
3530 South Val Vista Drive Ste 101 Copper Point Bs. Park
Work at home opportunity (External):No
: Day Job
: Individual Contributor
: Nov 15, 2018, 8:06:23 AM
Nurse Manager Telemetry Central Description : Abrazo Central Campus (located at 19th Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix), a 221-bed acute care facility and teaching hospital, has been...
Nurse Manager MedSurg Full Time Central Description : Abrazo Central Campus (located at 19th Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix), a 221-bed acute care facility and teaching hospital, has...
RN Case Manager Full Time Evenings Arrowhead Campus Description : At Abrazo Arrowhead Campus (located at 67th Avenue and Union Hills, in Glendale) we take looking after our employees as seriously...
Qualifications: Valid state license to practice as a registered nurse Two years experience in public health, nursing, preferably in a school district. Arizona State Education Department School...
RN Full Time Night 10K Sign on Telemetry 4th West Description : Abrazo West Campus (located at 136th Avenue and McDowell Road in Goodyear) is a 188-bed acute care hospital serving the healthcare...
RN Full Time Day 10K Sign on Telemetry 3NW West Description : Abrazo West Campus (located at 136th Avenue and McDowell Road in Goodyear) is a 188-bed acute care hospital serving the healthcare...
Nurse Manager Telemetry Central Description : Abrazo Central Campus (located at 19th Avenue and...
Nurse Manager MedSurg Full Time Central Description : Abrazo Central Campus (located at 19th...
RN Case Manager Full Time Evenings Arrowhead Campus Description : At Abrazo Arrowhead...
Qualifications: Valid state license to practice as a registered nurse Two years experience in...
RN Full Time Night 10K Sign on Telemetry 4th West Description : Abrazo West Campus (located at...
RN Full Time Day 10K Sign on Telemetry 3NW West Description : Abrazo West Campus (located at...