|DISTRICT:||Blue Ridge ISD|
|LOCATION:||Blue Ridge Assigned Campus|
|POSITION:||Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)|
Implement district school health program and provide direct services to meet the needs of the students and staff under the clinical supervision of the school health coordinator or school nurse (RN).
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Provide direct care using school health protocols and individualized health plans (IHPs) established
bythe RN supervisor or medical advisor.
2. Administer medication to students according to board policy and district procedures.
3. Carry out mandatory screening programs, collect data, and complete required reports as directed.
4. Collaborate with campus principal, school counselor, teachers, parents, food service, and other staff
regarding the health needs of the generalpopuation and those students with identified health conditions as
directed by the supervising RN.
5. Communicate with parents regarding individual students as directed by the school nurse (RN).
6. Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee (ARD) meeting of students with identifiable
health needs if the RN is unable and collaborate
with appropriate staff and RN regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP)
7. Distribute information to faculty or staff on health related topics as needed and as directed by the RN.
8.Provide guidance to unlicensed assistive personnel or other school staff on health related tasks as directed by the RN.
1. Maintain accurate and confidential student health records, including immunization records, medication
administration records, and individual student treatment records.
2.Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including accurate, confidential health records on all students.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard medical clinic equipment including automated external defibrillator (AED); special needs adaptive equipment; standard office equipment including computer and peripherals
Posture: Frequent standing, sitting, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension
Lifting: Frequent light lifting and carrying (under 15 pounds); may require regular heavy lifting (45 pounds or more) and position of students with physical disabilities; controlling behavior through physical restraint, assisting non-ambulatory students
Environment: Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
One year experience in health-related position, including contact with school-age children
|WORK HOURS:||FROM - TO -|
|GRADE / STEP:|
Job Description Kelly Services is hiring experienced Machine Operators at a local Client site. The Machine Operator is responsible for the set up & break down, maintenance, cleaning, monitoring,...