LPN - New Member Welcome (Coded Replacement)(
At Kaiser Permanente Northwest, the work you do every day supports the health of our members. That`s because each of us-from our financial, business, and IT experts, to our RNs, allied health professionals, and physicians-shares a commitment to providing the best possible care experience. Widely regarded as a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts, the Pacific Northwest blends urban bustle with open space in a way that is sure to enhance your own state of well-being. Looking to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success? Join us and put your beliefs into practice.
Participate w/the Health Care Team in delivering quality & customer focused care to patients in a manner which reflects KP's organizational & nursing mission, vision & values. Provides nursing & administrative support to clinicians & other health care team members to offer a variety of health care service to patients. Clinical duties involve both direct (in person) & indirect (via phone or on-line) patient care activities requiring both simple to complex nursing knowledge & skills. As appropriate to the LPN's scope of practice, the LPN's expected to have competent focused/limited nursing assessment & triage skills on routine or self-limiting health conditions, critical thinking, communication, problem-solving & decision-making skills in order to meet patient needs & contribute to a positive care experience & work environment. Performs clinical tasks & procedures under the direction of a clinician within the scope of the LPN's professional training & individual competency. Works under the clinical supervision of the clinician or registered nurse & under the general direction of the designated supervisor.
• Prepares & organizes patient's office visit from known reason/procedure by ensuring that all appropriate tests, clinical information (e.g., diagnostic test results, consultation reports, outside reports, etc.) & order entries are ready for clinician review prior to appointment time
• Perform focused/limited nursing assessment & triage on routine or self-limiting medical conditions as directed by RN/clinician. Recognize when to defer to and/or assist w/comprehensive assessment for complex medical conditions by RN/clinician
• Utilizes standardized tools (e.g., PST, health maintenance alerts) to identify & address health maintenance/care gaps w/patient & alerts clinician on those that require his/her attention
• Recognize signs & symptoms of common & routine medical conditions/illnesses, abnormal verses new/existing & implements planned nursing & medical interventions as delegated by RN/clinician
• Contribute to the development, implementation or modification of the individualized patient's plan of care under the direction of the RN/clinician
• Prepares patient for actual visit/procedure prior to clinician's exam during rooming-in process
• Assures exam/procedures room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms & educational materials are available & ready for using during visit/procedure. Checks equipment are in safe working order & cleans room after use
• Provides health teaching/education or advice on routine or self-limiting medical conditions, procedures, tests, surgeries, self-injections, etc
• Utilize standardized tools determine patient's level of engagement in self-care as directed by RN
• Used KP HealthConnect & information systems to document all pertinent data & outcomes of nursing care according to standardized procedures & policies such as & not limited to the use of SBAR, SOAP or APIE, KP HealthConnect smarttools, etc. Update demographic/historical clinical data gathered in electronic medical records
• Perform diagnostic test, therapies & procedures within scope of practice competently & w/maintenance of proficiency according to: a)specific department standards on core clinical tasks (see department's list of core skills); b) application of knowledge & skills appropriate to development age of patient; and c) established policies such as & not limited to patient safety, aseptic & sterile techniques & infection control
$21.49 - $28.34
• Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
• Current LPN license in Oregon and Washington. Requires Oregon or Washington license at time of hire. Licenses in both states are required within 6 months of hire.
• AHA Health Care Provider level CPR certification
• Demonstrated clinical nursing skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills (Assessment required for external candidates)
• Demonstrated communication (written and oral) skills
• Demonstrated literacy in using computers and keyboarding
• Skills in problem-solving, setting priorities and using good judgment for decisions
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure
• Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in assigned department's clinical area (e.g., Pediatrics, FP/IM, OB/Gyn, Surgery, Allergy, Dermatology, Urology, etc.) within an ambulatory care setting
• IV therapy experience or recent certification
• Familiarity in documenting in an electronic medical record system
• Current working knowledge & clinical skills in providing routine care, education & advice in assigned department's clinical area OR successful completion of appropriate competencies for assigned primary/specialty care department
: Oregon-Hillsboro-Hillsboro Regional Contact Center 3175 Aloclek St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 20 Shift: Day Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Working Hours Start: 7:00 AM Working Hours End: 8:00 PM
: Regular Employee Group (Union Affiliation): SEIU - Local 49
: Individual Contributor
: LVN / LPN Public Department Name: LPN - New Member Welcome (Coded Replacement)
: Yes, 5 % of the Time Job Eligible for Benefits: Yes
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Overview: Now Hiring! $300 SIGN ON BONUS! Full-time Medication Aid:Avamere at Sherwood Day, Evening and NOC shift available Please apply online at: Avamere at Sherwood 16500 Century...
Overview: Now Hiring! Full-time RCM/MDS Coordinator, RN: Avamere Rehab of Beaverton DAY shift Please apply online at: Avamere Rehab of Beaverton11850 SE Allen BlvdBeaverton, OR 97005(503)...
Save this job Email this job Text this Job Director Clinical Operations, CCM - Portland - 723354 Apply Now Apply Now Position Description The Director, Clinical Operations, CCM will be responsible...
Patient Care Coordinator (WPSA) ( Job Number: 028197) US-OR-Beaverton Specialty Pharmacy - Str12314 - 9775 SW GEMINI DR 9775 SW GEMINI DR STE 1 BEAVERTON 97008 Description Job Summary Provides new...
WPSA - Pharmacist Hourly ( Job Number: 028130) US-OR-Beaverton Specialty Pharmacy - Str12314 - 9775 SW GEMINI DR 9775 SW GEMINI DR STE 1 BEAVERTON 97008 Description Job Summary Responsible for...
Shipping Tech/ Specialty Pharmacy Warehouse (WPSA) ( Job Number: 027985) US-OR-Beaverton Specialty Pharmacy - Str12314 - 9775 SW GEMINI DR 9775 SW GEMINI DR STE 1 BEAVERTON 97008 Description Job...
Overview: Now Hiring! $300 SIGN ON BONUS! Full-time Medication Aid:Avamere at Sherwood Day,...
Overview: Now Hiring! Full-time RCM/MDS Coordinator, RN: Avamere Rehab of Beaverton DAY...
Save this job Email this job Text this Job Director Clinical Operations, CCM - Portland -...
Patient Care Coordinator (WPSA) ( Job Number: 028197) US-OR-Beaverton Specialty Pharmacy -...
WPSA - Pharmacist Hourly ( Job Number: 028130) US-OR-Beaverton Specialty Pharmacy - Str12314 -...
Shipping Tech/ Specialty Pharmacy Warehouse (WPSA) ( Job...