M&E Capacity Building Internship
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Global Program: Results Management, Measurement, and Learning
Project Name: M&E capacity building
Start Date: July 2018
End Date: December 2018
Estimated number of hours per week: 20
Location(s) of internship: Seattle, USA
Will the intern be receiving a stipend? *: Yes
Will the intern travel? (local or international): No
Description of internship project:
To fulfill PATH's commitment to ensuring accountability, synergy, and stewardship across the organization, PATH has established a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to strengthen support to staff who are responsible for project monitoring and evaluation and to develop an organization-wide approach to assessing long-term program impact. The Intern will help the MEL team build M&E capacity in PATH projects and programs through her/his support of the Monitoring and Evaluation Professional Engagement Program (PrEP), a 9-month mentorship and training program for PATH employees new to the M&E discipline or seeking to strengthen and improve their M&E skills.
Internship goals and learning objectives/benefit to the intern:
The intern will gain hands-on experience in the development of employee curriculum and other training materials and communications for a multi-national, complex organization, specifically in the area of monitoring and evaluation. The intern will have the opportunity to contribute academic knowledge of adult learning theory, online learning and/or capacity building approaches to M&E curriculum development at PATH.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Needs assessment
- Training/building capacity/skills transfer
- Knowledge and experience with Monitoring & Evaluation
- Assist in curriculum development and documentation for M&E capacity building and training, including webinars, online courses, and presentations
- Assist MEL team coordinate capacity building efforts
- Support the MEL team identify training topics, approaches, and modalities
- Research training delivery mechanisms
- Apply best practices for online learning, including webinar presentations
- Support communication between all involved parties.
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
- Weekly meetings with internship supervisor to assess progress with internship activities.
- Completed literature reviews as assigned.
- Contributions to curriculum development and documentation, specifically presentations and course materials.
Required skills and experience:
- Active enrollment in a graduate program in public policy, public health, social work or a related area of study, for the duration of the internship.
- Interest and experience in creating online learning opportunities and capacity building approaches
- Experience or interest in training and curriculum development
- Basic familiarity with adult learning theory
- Proven ability to conduct literature reviews
- Advanced proficiency working with PowerPoint and some SharePoint skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop productive relationships with colleagues and external collaborators
- Proactive, motivated, self-directed learner with good problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*PATH does not provide a stipend to interns who are California residents.
*All PATH internships are eligible for school credit. Please refer to your university's process for credit eligibility.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- SEATTLE, Washington, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email Addthis
Return To Job Listings
Job Details HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR Full Time Residence Inn by Marriott Tukwila, a leader in the hospitality industry, is currently seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor to help lead & assist our...
Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking an energetic Full- Time Houseman. You will be responsible for changing linens and cleaning/vacuuming rooms on...
Job Details Residence Inn by Marriott, Lynnwood, a leader in the hospitality industry, is offering an exciting opportunity for a guest-focused, friendly, outgoing individual to greet and assist...
Job Requirements: Must have excellent communication, phone, and hospitality skills. A flexible schedule is necessary for this position, including ability to work days, nights, weekends and...
Job Details Residence Inn by Marriott Tukwila is currently searching for a highly motivated individual with experience in Sales & Marketing (preferably within limited service or extended stay...
Job Details Residence Inn by Marriott Tukwila, a leader in the hospitality industry, is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in Sales & Marketing, preferably with...
Job Details HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR Full Time Residence Inn by Marriott Tukwila, a leader in the...
Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking an...
Job Details Residence Inn by Marriott, Lynnwood, a leader in the hospitality industry, is...
Job Requirements: Must have excellent communication, phone, and hospitality skills. A flexible...
Job Details Residence Inn by Marriott Tukwila is currently searching for a highly motivated...
Job Details Residence Inn by Marriott Tukwila, a leader in the hospitality industry, is...