WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Maintenance Manager - Stevenson, AL
1611 County Road 85
Stevenson, Alabama, 35772
Position reports to the M&E Manager and is part of the Mill Leadership Team. Position responsibility includes providing expertise and leadership for all maintenance functions of the mill to ensure the reliability of mill assets and systems in order to maximize productivity and quality at optimum costs while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensure all activities at the site are in compliance with the mill, company, state and federal policies and guidelines as it related to the safety of employees and the execution of work.
- Manage planning, coordination and execution of all facility maintenance and reliability activities in a cost effective manner to optimize equipment availability, safety and environmental performance.
- Coordinate and work closely with the Mill Leadership Team in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget. Submit recommendations, monitor expenditures, prepare cost estimates, submit justification for equipment and assist in the development of improvement projects for the mill.
- The incumbent in this role will possess the ability to create a culture of critical thinking and troubleshooting skills in order to build a platform of continuous improvements to the maintenance functions and overall mill operations.
- Responsible for the facility maintenance reliability programs and the development and planning for longer term improvements to these programs.
- Responsible for all preventative maintenance programs to include electrical, instrumentation, automation, controls, and mechanical.
- Responsible for strategic long term maintenance planning to include infrastructure monitoring and improvements.
- Position responsible for management of the Process Control and IT functions of the mill to include supervision of the Process Control Manager and supporting staff.
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in mill maintenance and incorporate new procedures and training as appropriate
- Implement maintenance best practices and processes, including but not limited to: effective planning and scheduling complete with KPI tracking; technician precision maintenance training and application of skills; reliability efforts in lubrication, vibration, root cause analysis.
- Development of succession planning within the maintenance department and overall career development of personnel within the maintenance organization.
- Ensure efficient utilization of mill manpower and contractors to include oversight of various long term contract agreements.
- Monitor behaviors within the organizational boundaries to maintain a culture embedded in professionalism, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, respect and trust.
- Provide overall planning and coordination for annual maintenance shutdowns.
- Manage mill wide mobile equipment compliment.
- Coordinate and work closely with stores and accounting to ensure adequate spare parts availability while optimizing overall inventory levels.
- Ensure maintenance practices support Mill ISO certifications.
- Ensure compliance with insurance providers’ recommendations and maintain and manage R-stamp capabilities and all equipment compliance records.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering preferred.
- Extensive experience as Maintenance Manager with mill experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical specialists, management, supervision and technicians.
- Ability to lead a multi-discipline team both as supervisor and in a technical capacity.
- Ability to operate effectively in the use of business tools including computers, e-mail and applicable software applications.
- Ability to put sustainable systems in place to track and report maintenance costs while working closely with accounting to forecast future expenses.
- Strong organization and communication skills with the proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.