Maintenance Supervisor - Seattle, WA
5901 E Marginal Way S
Seattle, Washington, 98134-2414
Maintenance Supervisor ( corrugated packaging )—Seattle, WA
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
The MaintenanceSupervisoris responsible for scheduling,performinganddocumenting preventative maintenance procedures to accomplishmaximumplant and productionequipmentuptime at thelowest cost. Responsibilities also includeproviding direct supervision toservice and maintenance technicians,overseeing equipmentservice and repairs.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Assist and provide direction tocraftsmenwithequipmenttroubleshooting to mitigate downtime
- Monitor andapprove inventory orders to control storeroom spendaccording to plannedbudget
- Ensurecompliance and proper use of partsand equipment according topreferredmaintenance practices
- Oversee craftsmen’scompliance with corporate, division,plant safetyandenvironmental rulesandprocedures
- Utilize J.D. Edwards CMMS to leadcraftsmen in reliabilityefforts of precision,predictive, andpreventive maintenance for annualbudget planning
- Manage allparts and toolinventories to ensure necessary repairs arecompletedwithinminimal equipmentdowntime
- Schedule allwork through job priority and equipmentavailability to ensure all work iscompleted in a timely manner
- Lead developmentandimplementation ofcontinuousprocess improvement of reliability plansinthe plant
- Demonstrate ownership of business and management goalsby effectivelyleading craftsmen toalignon objectives
- Lead safety effortsby identifyinghigh-risk situations, conducting safety meetings, andcoordinatingmaintenance related safety activities
People and Culture
- Provideleadership and coaching insafety, training, and workallocation to uphold thestandards of maximum safety forallmaintenance employees
- Collaboratewith operations and mechanicalleaders to plan, schedule and execute daily andbreak-in work andto increase measured reliabilitymetrics
- Work cross-divisionally with operations and maintenance to enableefficiency and consistencyfor plantoperations
- Supportplant functions withtechnical expertise and supportcraftsmenwith skill development
Critical Skills / Capabilities:
Coaching:Providespeople with tools,knowledge, andopportunities to develop themselves;determinesemployees’trainingneeds,workswithemployees to produce continuousdevelopmentplans, and providesregularfeedback and coaching to helpemployeesdevelopincurrent and future roles;visiblysupports culture andteams
Leadership:Leads andmotivates a teamof people to achieve performanceexcellence;abilityto read people and situations andadjust approachaccordingly;proactively leads and enforcesinitiatives that drive organizationaleffectiveness;teaches others how to build trust-basedrelationships
Communication:Creates and deliversengaging presentations to internal and externalaudiences;develops new communication strategies and approaches to communicate data,insights, andcriticalmessagesresulting in clear understanding
Innovation: Devises newmethods,procedures, and approaches having a broadorganizational impact; demonstrates resourcefulness in identifyingtrends and opportunities foroperationalefficiency; creates alternatives to conventional thinking;demonstrates andencouragescreativity
Problem-Solving:Applies knowledge to frame,simplify andsolve complexissues; focuseson identifying root causes to createsolutions in a timely anddecisive manner; reconcilesconflictingand/or incomplete information to develop solutions
Growthand Results Oriented:Delivers personalor organizationalresults bysuccessfullyinfluencing others (i.e.co-workers, other teams, external partners,etc.) within a matrixedorganization;delivershigh quality work within the stipulated timeperiod to achieve maximumresults
Time Management:Plans,prioritizes, and manages time spent onaccomplishing tasks toincreaseproductivity and efficiency;demonstratesawareness and control over amount oftimespent on activities;meetsdeadlines
Collaboration:Works effectivelywith others to complete a task orachieve a commonobjective; ability to cooperate in both interpersonal andteam relationships to fosterenthusiasmand maintain mutual trust, candor, and respect for others. Worksthrough conflictconstructively
Accountability:Holds self and others responsible for actions and results
- Familiarity with CMMS systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel,Outlook,ProductivitySuite)
- Working knowledge of maintenance techniques andequipment (i.e. pumps, valves,motors,gearboxes)
- Required: 3 to 5 years of experience in Mechanical,ElectricalEngineering orrelated field
- Supervisory orManagementexperience required (will have 11 direct reports)
- 2-Yeartechnical degree in a Maintenance related discipline, or Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in MechanicalEngineering or Electrical Engineering (or related field) is a plus
- Background in reliability would be a great plus
- Background in maintenance planning is a great plus
- OSHA Certification is a plus
- JDE (JD Edwards ) is a plus
- Experience in corrugated packaging or other packaging plant is a great plus
Keywords: maintenance supervisor, maintenance coordinator, maintenance superintendent, reliability manager, reliability superintendent, reliability supervisor, mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, pump alignment, laser alignment, vibration, lubrication, reliability, preventative maintenance, corrugate, corrugated, packaging, corrugated packaging, brown box, box plant, packaging, converting, maintenance planning, JDE, JD Edwards, OSHA, CMMS, work orders, maintenance budget, pulp, paper
Job Title: Shift Manager Reports to: Production Manager A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company We are a newly formed division of Maple Leaf Foods, the largest protein company...
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company We are a newly formed division of Maple Leaf Foods, the largest protein company in Canada, which we can trace back over 100 years, but...
Process Supervisor Reports to: Process Manager A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company We are a newly formed division of Maple Leaf Foods, the largest protein company in Canada,...
Reports to: Shift Manager A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company We are a newly formed division of Maple Leaf Foods, the largest protein company in Canada, which we can trace...
Research and Data Analyst, Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases Tracking Code 9618 Job Description *Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and...
Senior Program Assistant, Integrated Portfolio and Financial Management Tracking Code 9594 Job Description Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position...
Job Title: Shift Manager Reports to: Production Manager A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant...
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company We are a newly formed division of...
Process Supervisor Reports to: Process Manager A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based...
Reports to: Shift Manager A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company We are a...
Research and Data Analyst, Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases Tracking Code 9618 Job...
Senior Program Assistant, Integrated Portfolio and Financial Management Tracking Code 9594 Job...