Management Analyst - (190003QA)
The Department of Mental Health (DMH) is seeking an experienced Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day administrative needs of assigned units within the Area are met. The incumbent assists the Area managers to achieve their business needs in consideration of available resources. The incumbent analyzes the reasonableness of costs, availability of funds, and compliance with regulatory standards. Utilizing Management & Budget developed reporting mechanisms which come from various agency sources including but not limited to MHIS, MMARS, CMS, HRCMS, MRS and OSD, the incumbent gathers and disseminates information in the form of financial or narrative reports, manuals, charts, graphs, tables, etc. to identify areas for improvements and make recommendations relative to Area business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Provides support to Area Managers in order to achieve business needs in consideration of available resources, inventory management, financial needs, monitoring spending and ongoing expenditure projections.
- Offers technical assistance to facility staff as required for the purchase of business related commodities and services.
- Ensures that correct and timely information is provided to management and budget units to procure and make payments for the Area’s goods and services.
- Monitors, tracks and reports on the Area’s “unobligated” lower sub funding routinely throughout the year.
- Supports and advises the RFR process by identifying appropriate vendors/contractors to receive RFR’s.
- Participates in planning for the procurement, funding, and management of assigned projects..
- Communicates monthly, quarterly and annual financial analysis and status reports to the Management Analyst III.
- Assists in the development of plans and designs for proper space utilization and related staffing, as well as preparing equipment specifications for procurement.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of physical moves of the Area’s departments, offices and other organizational units when necessary.
- Serves as back up to the Management Analyst III for DynaCash and other banking needs for the Area.
- Assists with Area inventory management and control including state vehicles.
- Liaises with IT, Personnel, Revenue, Facilities Management and Core Services personnel to communicate Area needs, with the assistance of the Management Analyst III.
- Ability to work independently, with attention to detail, and the capacity to prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Capability to work on, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of staff demonstrating personal initiative as well as the ability to work well in a team.
- Talent to prioritize work flow to ensure effective operations with limited resources.
- Skilled in ensuring timely payments/reimbursements to providers, for payroll purposes in order to ensure adequate cash flow and allow providers to adequately plan and forecast cash flow.
- Aptitude in the utilization of allocated POS dollars consistent with DMH goals and objectives.
- Capacity to determine the appropriateness of POS activities to ensure compliance with governing regulations.
- Proficient usage of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with prior experience utilizing and working with MMARS.
- Given the population served, bilingual or multilingual fluency.
DMH Mission Statement:
The Department of Mental Health assures and provides access to services and supports to meet the mental health needs of individuals of all ages, enabling them to live, work and participate in their communities. The Department establishes standards to ensure effective and culturally competent care to promote recovery. The Department sets policy, promotes self-determination, protects human rights and supports mental health training and research.
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve - but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 11 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
- Incentive-based Wellness Programs
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
For questions, please contact Health Human Resources at 1-800-850-6968.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in work simplification, management analysis, program analysis, methods analysis, economic analysis, fiscal analysis, financial analysis, budget analysis or in program administration or program management or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor's degree with a major in business administration, business management, public administration, industrial engineering or industrial management may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.*
II. A Graduate degree with a major in business administration, business management, public administration, industrial engineering or industrial management may be substituted for the required experience.*
III. A Bachelor's degree or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management, public administration, industrial engineering or industrial management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Management Analyst II
: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-85 East Newton Street
: Administrative Services
: Department of Mental Health
: May 9, 2019, 12:36:38 PM
Number of Openings
: 55,205.54 - 78,189.54 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Joy Connell - 617-626-8133
Bargaining Unit: 06-NAGE - Professional Admin.
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to...
Job Description: The Business Analyst is responsible for providing business metric and program analysis, report management, and project support at several different levels. The position requires...
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience to meet managerial...
Title: Director of IT Salary: $175K Base Salary Reference#: KM080919 Type: Full Time We are currently seeking an IT Director in Boston, MA area. This is a full-time, exempt position working...
Bevi’s mission is to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within six...
The METCO Family and Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing district-wide family engagement systems and activities that create strong supports for families...
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the...
Job Description: The Business Analyst is responsible for providing business metric and program...
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or...
Title: Director of IT Salary: $175K Base Salary Reference#: KM080919 Type: Full Time We are...
Bevi’s mission is to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the...
The METCO Family and Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for developing and...