At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
The Manager, Digital Publishing is responsible for managing the development of major content programs for the National Geographic Learning, which includes multi-level, multi-component programs, in digital formats. The role manages the research, planning, and publication of projects that meet or exceed NGL customers’ needs.
The Manager, Digital Publishing exhibits subject-matter expertise, knowledge of the competitive marketplace, familiarity with classroom practices, and awareness of digital educational trends. The Executive Manager, Digital Publishing reports to the Director, Digital Publishing, and will manage a staff of three to four Digital Content Managers, as well as, manage freelance staff to execute the publication of new digital programs. The Executive Manager, Digital Publishing ensures that products meet NGL quality, creativity, and market expectations, and that they are produced within schedule and on budget.
- Conducts and coordinates content and digital research for programs and program components by facilitating focus groups, making school visits, and attending conferences and webinars.
- Works with the Director, Digital Publishing and key stakeholders to apply knowledge of market trends and competitive environments to better create new products.
- Collaborates with editorial, marketing, and other functional teams during conceptualization, development, and launch of new programs.
- Oversees the creation of workflow templates that assist with the digital planning phase, including editor and author writing guidelines, detailed development schedules, and budget summaries.
- Works with key stakeholders in all departments (Global Product teams, Production, Digital Content, Manufacturing, Marketing, etc.) to establish and implement workflows, schedules, and end dates.
- Drives the creation of product specifications and ensures accuracy and comprehensiveness during software development projects.
- Directs and manages the product development process. Sets priorities, manages internal and external resources, and solves problems to ensure that products are developed efficiently and within schedule and budget.
- Communicates proactively and effectively with all project stakeholders, including internal and external contributors and staff in other departments.
- Makes development decisions that keep program budgets within approved cost projections.
- Understands the roles of Sales, Marketing, Inventory, Manufacturing, and Finance to successfully lead the team and manage programs & publications.
- Understands and supports product line strategy.
- Manages in-house employees, independent contractors, and interns.
- Models a high level of expertise in the foundations of digital content work and in the use of publishing technologies.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training new digital employees.
- Initiates and supports process improvement initiatives.
- Assures that staff are prepared to meet changing internal and external needs.
- Plans job assignments and mentors staff to ensure best utilization of department talent, appropriate matches between skills and assignments, and overall professional growth among editorial staff.
- Evaluates work of staff, including temporary and length-of-project staff, as well as outside vendors.
- Conducts performance evaluations for assigned staff.
- Degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent
- 10+ years relevant digital publishing experience, software product management, program management, or similar roles
- Track record in managing complex digital projects to successful conclusion.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management, authors, reviewers, project teams, and customer groups
- Previous Agile development experience as a product champion highly desired.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple backlogs, roadmaps, and integrations simultaneously.
- Ability to travel to meet with teams domestically and internationally
Reports To: Secondary Schools Superintendent Overview: The Senior Director of Adult Education will increase and improve its adult programs to help more Boston residents acquire the literacy and...
Director, Culturally and Linguistically Sustaining Practices Development (SY20-21), Boston Public Schools, 19 daysReports to: Assistant Superintendent, Office of Opportunity and Achievement Gaps ABOUT THE POSITION: The Office of Opportunity Gaps seeks an experienced, passionate educator to lead the district’s...
Job Type: Full-Time Function: Engineering Prod Mgmt/Dev Post Date: 11/30/2020 Website: diameterhealth.com Company Address: 10 Executive Drive, Farmington, CT, 06032 About Diameter Health Diameter...
Job Title: Translation and Interpretation Technician (Spanish) Reports to: Assistant Superintendent of English Learners Location: Office of English Learners Status: Full...
Boston Public Schools seeks a Manager of Strategy and Analytics. REPORTS TO: Chief of Operations POSITION OVERVIEW: The Department of Operations in Boston Public Schools comprises more than a...
Xilio Therapeutics is a development-stage biotechnology company advancing next-generation cancer immunotherapies designed to improve patient outcomes by unleashing the power of the immune system...
Reports To: Secondary Schools Superintendent Overview: The Senior Director of Adult Education...
Director, Culturally and Linguistically Sustaining Practices Development (SY20-21), Boston Public Schools, 19 daysReports to: Assistant Superintendent, Office of Opportunity and Achievement Gaps ABOUT THE...
Job Type: Full-Time Function: Engineering Prod Mgmt/Dev Post Date: 11/30/2020 Website:...
Job Title: Translation and Interpretation Technician (Spanish) Reports to: Assistant...
Boston Public Schools seeks a Manager of Strategy and Analytics. REPORTS TO: Chief of...
Xilio Therapeutics is a development-stage biotechnology company advancing next-generation cancer...