The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for a Manager of Engineering to help lead some of our dynamic NYC development teams.
As Manager of Engineering, you'll be responsible for building out an Engineering team which supports supports multiple lines of our core business, managing the development process, and defining our technical infrastructure. Your impressive skills as a technologist will allow you to own the Engineering Roadmap, architect scalable applications, as well as lead the charge on automation and continuous integration. You’ll be excited to learn that we ship code continuously 24/7 and take testing seriously. You'll get the opportunity to get your hands dirty while also managing and mentoring individuals on the Engineering team. You are well respected for your technical skills, but take even more pride in the accomplishments and growth of the team. You have a high degree of empathy for working with legacy systems and are pragmatic about migrating them to a modern, cloud-based infrastructure while delivering value to stakeholders.
An ideal candidate for this role is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and is able to balance solutions that are elegant and scalable, yet simple and pragmatic. You embrace the value of shipping rather than over-engineering.
- Build, lead and inspire an agile, globally distributed team of software engineers.
- Drive the technology strategy and architecture goals for your engineering team.
- Work closely with senior management and your engineering team to define the team’s goals and roadmap.
- Partner with Product and stakeholders to define projects and high level scope. Work with engineering team to bring each project from conception to production.
- Function as mediator and primary point of contact for your engineering team to ensure smooth transitions and eliminate unnecessary interruptions.
- At times, provide hands on contribution: writing code and helping your team reach their deliverables in our diverse, microservice driven architecture.
- Use your vast technical experience to provide elegant solutions for problems such as event based streaming of data to and from clients, pragmatic upgrades for legacy solutions, and more.
- 2-5 years of leadership experience combined with 8 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Solid understanding of modern architecture (we use Python based microservices with React frontends) as well as familiarity with legacy solutions (PHP).
- Experience building modular, event-driven systems.
- Passion for shipping daily and iterating.
- Experience working with cloud-based technologies (we use AWS and on-premise hardware). Interest in DevOps, containerization and automation.
- Hands on engineering experience, ideally with Python, MySQL and NoSQL data stores, some PHP. Experience with event streaming architecture using Kinesis and/or Kafka would be helpful.
- Passion for using technology to elegantly solve business problems.
- Experience interacting with stakeholders and ability to explain and “sell” technical concepts to technical and non-technical people.
About The Orchard®
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com .
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Ref#: 33342 CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive Job Type: Full-Time Staff Job Location: New York, NY, US About Us: CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online...
Department: Engineering Location: New York, NY Posted: August 21, 2019 About Us MediaMath’s mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over...
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent. At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone...
Job Description: Position Summary This Technology & Architecture leadership role will be part of the Investment & Banking Solutions Tech team which is producing tech tools/applications for both...
Position Expectations Architect Solutions – Full Stack – UI Focus The Full Stack Solutions Architect will provide architecture, design, build, deploy and monitor implementation of solutions and...
Job Description: Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document...
Ref#: 33342 CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive Job Type: Full-Time Staff Job Location: New York,...
Department: Engineering Location: New York, NY Posted: August 21, 2019 About Us MediaMath’s...
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We...
Job Description: Position Summary This Technology & Architecture leadership role will be part of...
Position Expectations Architect Solutions – Full Stack – UI Focus The Full Stack Solutions...
Job Description: Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining...