Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Our General Sales Manager reports directly to the Division President and is responsible for executing and accomplishing the division’s plans for products, programs and services. This position is also accountable for managing the sales activities across the Division which includes leading a team focused on growing the business by meeting and anticipating our customer’s needs.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated the ability to effectively coach and develop talent as well as successfully prioritize work and analyze data. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated the ability to influence, provide a unique perspective, engage with customers on linking their priorities to our value proposition and understand the competitive landscape. This individual should possess strong attention to detail, critical thinking and a drive to win. The General Sales Manager must also be a hands-on leader, solid communicator and be able to adapt to a changing market.
- Coordinating division sales activities by establishing sales territories, sales plans and individual goals for team.
- Maintaining follow-up reports on team’s activities and progress to goals.
- Reviewing market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, pricing profiles, discount rates and potential new sales channels.
- Recommending budget, expenditures and appropriations for division sales function.
- Interviewing, training and conducting performance evaluations with sales people to build, develop, and control sales functions in the division.
- Implementing corporate sales plan(s) including products, promotions and customer services, in accordance with corporate scheduling and objectives.
- Analyzing sales data to formulate sales action plans and to assist sales force in achieving their goals.
- Preparing periodic sales reports as requested by management.
- Periodically calling on local chain and independent accounts to conduct business reviews and access needs and satisfaction.
- Coordinating follow-up on all chain agreements, including resolution of store level problems and logistics with DC management.
- Assisting other departments within organization to create sales promotions for customers.
- Representing company at trade association meetings to promote company products and services.
Skills & Experiences:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible sales experience within a similar retail customer environment.
- Experience in convenience retail distribution a major plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Prior people leadership and development experience.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
1 day ago | Agribusiness - Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services - Warehouse/Cellar Worker/Inventory, AgCareers.com, about 2 monthsCountyline Irrigation & Fittings opened in 2009, and is located in Cross County between Wynne and Colt, AR. We are a family owned and operated business. We sell several types of irrigation...
1 day ago | Agribusiness - Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services - Warehouse/Cellar Worker/Inventory, AgCareers.com, about 2 monthsCountyline Irrigation & Fittings opened in 2009, and is located in Cross County between Wynne...