- Accountable and provides leadership for all aspects of the appropriate proposal/budget process (text, quote, budget;inclusive of managing opportunities autonomously, establishing clear timelines, meeting client requirement, escalating obstacles and providing solutions)
- Leads strategic and/or highly complex opportunities and/or initiatives
- Accountable for assigned team workload management, monitoring team capacity, and assisting in priority setting
- Triages and assigns new inquiries as needed
- Performs line management of assigned team members under the supervision of a Sr. Manager or above
- Executes supervisory duties for assigned staff including work scheduling, performance evaluation activities, career development and preparation of training plans, where applicable with support of a Manager or above
- Identifies and resolves issues around client inquiry requirements and Covance capabilities
- Organization and leadership (and/or coaching thereof) of applicable strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity/account
- Works across the organization in matrix environment to lead the process and complete deliverables
- Liaise with third party vendors/vendor managers for provision of quotations where required.
- Accountable for and provides guidance in the preparation of high quality and accurate documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
- Leads and/or provides guidance for internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, timelines, resources, etc.)
- Prepares opportunity summaries for approval/sign off, either via discussion, email, or teleconference, as applicable in the appropriate process.
- Accountable for timely delivery of assigned opportunities across direct supervision
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into corporate databases as appropriate
- Supports client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
- Maintains appropriate knowledge of current and future technical and regulatory environments
- Identifies and is accountable for driving ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables, influencing key stakeholders as applicable
- Contributes to assigned client relationship improvement activities and implementation
- Provides training and guidance to new and less experienced staff on all aspects of position requirements
- Performs quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements as indicated
- Assists with hosting sales-focused inbound client visits (R&D Labs)
Complete other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common
Bachelor’s degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
Minimum of 8 years direct CRO/pharma experience with 2 years in a supervisory role or proven leadership ability
- Applicable minimum years of experience in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/Pharma/Other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Knowledge of other software applications (i.e. SFDC) preferred
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clients and Covance senior management
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Possesses a general knowledge of and ability to work across Covance BU lines preferred
- Demonstrate management ability (to include, but not limited to, coaching and development, workload management, time management, excellent written and verbal communication, and positive change management)
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client deadlines.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our talent community.
district manager - Fishers/Carmel, IN ( Job Number: 190003096) Location : US-IN-Fishers Starbucks - District Manager Now Brewing – Future Leaders! #tobeapartner As a District Manager you enjoy the...
Software Engineer - WD30067516129 The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We are harnessing the power of...
National Technical Sales Manager - WD30070232127 What you will do The National Technical Sales Manager position will work with the entire Exacq sales team (Canada and US) to provide technical,...
Software Engineer - WD30069178109 What you will do Infrastructure team software engineer will work with a small team designing and implementing architectural pieces that make exacqVision...
Software Engineer - API and Integration - WD30062469128 What you will do API and Integrations software engineer will work with a small team implementing solutions to integrate with many 3rd party...
store manager - Northeast Oregon-Hermiston/Pendleton ( Job Number: 190002760) Location : US-OR-Pendleton Starbucks - Store Manager Now Brewing – Future Leaders! #tobeapartner Starbucks is known...
district manager - Fishers/Carmel, IN ( Job...
Software Engineer - WD30067516129 The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is...
National Technical Sales Manager - WD30070232127 What you will do The National Technical Sales...
Software Engineer - WD30069178109 What you will do Infrastructure team software engineer will...
Software Engineer - API and Integration - WD30062469128 What you will do API and...
store manager - Northeast Oregon-Hermiston/Pendleton ( Job...