1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com .
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Managing Director is responsible for selling of the company’s Specialty Flow Control (SFC) Industrial products in Italy, with specific focus on growing the Industrial OEM customer base in Italy. SFC Industry is specialized in Industrial OEM applications for positive displacement pumps such as Diaphragm, Flexible Impeller, sliding vane pumps as well as some Mag-drive centrifugal pumps. The candidate will be P&L responsible for driving profitable growth for JMI in Italy and be the site leader (Managing Director) for the JMI facility. As site leader you will support the internal processes and align them with Xylem core processes and support the Marine & Beverage Sales team in JMI
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- The role is the legal representative for JMI Italy and, being part of the Board, will be responsible for the P&L strategy and implementation, managing about 6 Million dollars of Gross Sales.
- This role is responsible for the development of OEM, Industry and Applications strategies to drive the Specialty flow Control Business to achieve its sales and related objectives, also through reporting activities on business plans.
- Acts as an expert in the OEM field, as well as a mentor and coach to staff encouraging them to achieve their objectives.
- Drive and enhance the commercial efficiency, defining and implementing the sales budget with the rest of the team, monitoring of the annual budget and ensure that revenue/sales targets are met.
- Visit customers and channel partners, in particular OEMs Industrial to drive growth.
- This role is responsible for re-engagement and expansion of existing, sleeping or underperforming channels, also developing the business to the next level from conventional selling to e-commerce social selling and optimizing the business with continuous improvement actions to drive efficiency.
- The role will also include establishing performance measures and targets for channel partners to hold them accountable for growth.
- Research and implement new initiatives to drive revenue, lower operating costs while delivery excellent customer support.
- Analyze market trends, develop new channels, ensure successful launch of new channel partners and that new strategies are communicated with the appropriate change management approach as required.
- Give strategic advice and report results and findings to chairman and board members.
- Keep all relevant stakeholders informed of developments online with company’s objectives.
- Promote the wellness of staff and implementing policies inline with labour legislation and health and safety guidelines to create a diverse and positive working environment.
- Deliver effective presentations, education and customer intimacy initiatives as required to channel partners to help them improve their business and to help Specialty Flow Control win more business from competitors (compelling seminars, demonstrations and other education that conveys technically complex material in an easy to understand way and engages partners with our product and brand).
- Represents the company and its values in its relationship with channel partners and other stakeholders at all times.
- Brings Voice of Customer information, and key competitor information back to the Specialty Flow Control management teams to enable continuous improvement activities and drive growth.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Sales strategy & planning
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
- Market knowledge
- Developing capability
- Inspiring accountability
- Fluently English in both speaking and writing.
- Sales execution
- Leading people & teams
- Italian Native Speaker
- External: Industry associations; channel partners; OEM’s, legal support
- Internal: SFC business, Sales teams, BDMs, Applications support, Board
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 12+ years of related experience
- Strong experience in managing and winning direct OEM customers
- OEM funnel management
- Business development experience through channel partners
- Ability to analyze and synthesize market data
- Strategic planning and execution
- Sales Leadership, leading and coaching a team
- Cross functional collaboration in a complex environment
- Planning and execution capabilities
- Financial acumen
- Motivation & sales driven mindset
- Problem solving
- Experience with international distributors and sales staff across different cultures in EMEA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular national and some international travel 50% - 70% of the time
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.