Jefferson Road Animal Hospital is seeking a Managing Veterinarian (DVM)
Jefferson Road Animal Hospital and Cat Clinic is a full service AAHA accredited small animal practice located in Kokomo, IN. Only 1 hour north of Indianapolis, our hospital is conveniently situated in a friendly neighborhood setting with long-term, loyal clients. We do not attempt to be a high volume practice, but value long-term relationships with pet owners who expect quality service and personalized health care. In addition to our 3 doctor team, our current staff (most of which have worked with us for many years) includes 5 highly skilled registered veterinary technicians which allow for our doctors to focus on client rapport and medicine. While our hospital is well-equipped to practice the highest standard of medicine, referrals are available to be sent to Purdue University and several other nearby specialty centers as needed. Our team at Jefferson Road Animal Hospital is truly a "work family", and fosters a fun and energizing environment while working hard to serve the needs of our clients.
For more information, please visit: https://thepetfixers.com/
AAHA Accredited | Separate Cat-Friendly Certified Clinic | Digital Radiography | Ultrasound | Fully-Equipped Surgical Suite | Complete In-House Laboratory | Reference Laboratory for Advanced Testing | High Speed Dental Equipment | Digital Dental Radiography | Electronic Medical Records | Spacious Exam Rooms with Lift Tables & Computers | Pet Wellness Program
Kokomo, Indiana is a moderate sized (50,000), family-oriented, community located in Central Indiana. Less than 1 hour to Indianapolis and 2.5 hours to Chicago, our residents are able to enjoy all of the amenities and entertainment offered in a major metropolitan city, while living in relaxed semi-rural environment. Kokomo is a great city to raise a family with its low cost of living, affordable housing, and quality schools. Our city and county leaders have, and continue to invest heavily in quality of life enhancements for our community, including a trail system and some of the best parks in the nation for a community of our size
The Managing Doctor is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing Doctor is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing Doctor is responsible for the financial performance and general operations of the hospital under the guidance of Divisional Leadership. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Managing Doctor are responsible for cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
- Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Provides oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
- Establishes medical protocols.
- Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members.
- Monitors Doctor performance and production.
- Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
- Ensures all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
- Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure.
- Drives revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
- Monitors key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
- Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
- Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
- Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives.
- Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Indiana
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Delegates tasks and achieves results with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Location - 1745 E. Havens Kokomo IN 46901 . Work/Life balance - Monday to Saturday 7AM - 8PM and Sunday 12PM - 6PM. Holidays Off - We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day,...
Location - 1745 E. Havens Kokomo IN 46901 . Work/Life balance - Monday to Saturday 7AM -...