Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Daktronics Ireland manufactures and assembles a variety of led and LCD products in a multitude of different styles, primarily for the transportation and commercial markets. There is currently an open position available as a Manufacturing Engineer. The position will report directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor and will assist in driving process improvements.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; watching, building, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment with the aim to streamline product flow.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations and ideas from operators.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout and be responsible for implementation of process improvements.
- Provide manufacturing leadership decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs.
- Provide manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests from production, design, installation, and other groups.
- Serve as liaison between manufacturing and design engineering to develop and/or improve processes to reduce scrap, rework, and labor and improve quality. Document the results of evaluations.
- Assist with the production of first runs and provide feedback to design engineering on improvements and changes to improve manufacturing.
- Focus on new product development and product transfers between factories.
- Support existing designs throughout their life cycle, developing and implementing changes as needed.
- Recommend process improvements to streamline product flow including material handling module production and effectively train operators or other Daktronics employees.
- Work effectively as a team member with little supervision and communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisor.
- Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner. Be able to quickly learn new tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or Level 8 in Manufacturing Engineering technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or a comparable degree.
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience required.
- Broad knowledge of electronic manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Microsoft Office computer software experience and abilities is required. Experience with Creo, Solid Edge or Auto Cad is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Ability to interact with a variety of engineering, manufacturing and customer service employees in a positive professional manner.
- Ability to work on own and be a self-starter.
- Physical requirements pertaining to the position include the ability to:
- lift and carry up to 23 kilograms
- must be able to stand and/or sit for the full shift and have full range of motion
- ability to read small print with/without corrective lenses
- distinguish and identify colors (wire, paint, etc.)
- work with some odors associated with the manufacturing environment (paint, solder, etc.)
- Follow all safety guidelines in respective work areas.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.