As a result of continued growth, Brandt is currently seeking a Material Processing Lead Hand for our new Manufacturing Facility. The successful candidate will require a minimum of 3 years practical experience. They will have strong organizational skills and have the ability to work individually as well as part of a team. The selected candidate will have a positive attitude, be a fit with the Brandt team, and be able to lead by example.
- Responsible for all aspects of the machine shop.
- As a working lead hand you are responsible for supervision within the area as well as working to provide the product to the shop floor.
- Scheduling manpower and meeting production demands.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as automated saw, sheer, roll, and drill
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs
- Check workpieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled
- Ensure department is consistently producing a high quality product and inspect quality and procedures on an ongoing basis
- Ensure safe work practices are followed at all times and all workers know and understand the Brandt safe work practices including their responsibility to ensure all Brandt employees are working in a safe manner
- Identify and support opportunities to eliminate waste and lead initiatives to improve plant efficiency and quality
- Utilize the appropriate tools and methodologies of lean manufacturing to inspire continuous improvement and operating excellence
- Work with operations and shop management to establish areas and needs for continuous improvement
- Enforce all Brandt policies that are in place including safety
- Other duties as assigned.
Full Time Prompt Care and Emergency DVM Day Shift Central Illinois, Highland Pet Hospital and Animal Emergency Clinic, 2 monthsHighland Pet Hospital & Animal Emergency Clinic Clients value Veterinarians who express genuine concern for their pets and their quality of life. That's what we're looking for - a Veterinarian who...
Full Time Prompt Care and Emergency DVM Day Shift Central Illinois, Highland Pet Hospital and Animal Emergency Clinic, 2 monthsHighland Pet Hospital & Animal Emergency Clinic Clients value Veterinarians who express genuine...