Under minimal supervision, initiates the appointment/credentialing and reappointment/ recredentialing process, compiling and processing data in compliance with local, regional, state and federal accreditation requirements. Ensures thorough and timely verification of Licensed Independent Practitioner's (LIP) and Allied Health Professional Staff (AHP) credentials and privileges according to local and regional medical staff services policies and procedures for practitioners in both the hospital and/or ambulatory settings. Provide medical staff service support services to professional staff by supporting professional staff committee meetings, initiating the proctoring function, tracking of residents/medical students and acting as a resource for physicians, allied health professionals, medical center leadership and patients. Completes specific time-limited project assignments as delegated by Director of Medical Staff Services or Senior Medical Staff Coordinator. This position does not supervise others.
- Ensure consistent documentation and complete verification of practitioner (LIP/AHP) credentials.
- Provide required documentation to Chiefs of Service, Department Administrators, Medical Center Leaders and Committee Chairs/Members, as appropriate.
- Process all applications for appointment/credentialing, reappointment/recredentialing via the local and regional medical staff/credentialing policies and procedures.
- Partners with all necessary staff to ensure an integrated, timely, consistent product.
- Collaborates with regional professional recruitment personnel and regional credentialing personnel to ensure timely credentialing prior to employment.
- Maintains computerized database of practitioner data for use in the medical staff service program to assure data for all credentialed and privileged practitioners is consistently accurate and current.
- Implements an efficient and effective communication system for transmission of electronic practitioner data to other users in the medical center for information (i.e., practitioner-specific privilege look-up for patient care units).
- Implements an efficient and effective communication/transmission system of shared data to regional or other local sites to facilitate timely approval for professional staff appointment or approval to participate within Southern California Region.
- Keeps abreast of laws, regulations, local and regional policies/procedures and Professional Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Maintains credentials files of all practitioners within medical center site (including satellite facilities/medical office buildings).
- Supports professional staff committees by preparing agendas, recording minutes, and follow-up.
- Supports the medical staff by being a resource for accreditation, licensing and regulatory compliance related to medical staff services functions.
- Assists Director of Medical Staff Services with all survey/audit processes.
- AA degree or two (2) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficient with IBM PC, medical staff database.
- Proficient with medical terminology.
- Significant knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., TJC, NCQA, DOC, DHS, DMHC, CMS, Title 22).
- Strong organization, communication and written skills, with attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- CPCS or minimum three (3) years demonstrated knowledge of medical staff service functions related to credentialing/privileging, preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Office skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal supervision and the ability to exercise good judgment and be a team player.
- Medical Staff Office and/or Credentialing experience required.
- Must pass CPCS Certification when eligible.
- Must have strong critical thinking, attention to detail and problem-solving skills. - Ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of credentialing processes using acquired knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all customers.- Must be able to work in a high volume fast paced environment.
- This position will be on track for CPCS certification upon hire date.
- Telecommute may be required based on operational or organizational requirements.
- Schedule may vary based on operational needs (evenings/weekends).
We're looking for veterinary technicians who love surgery and anesthesia to join our surgery team! We have a diverse and unique team, including many "lifers" who work closely together to serve our...
Job Description: VCA Animal Medical Center is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our AAHA-accredited, multi-doctor small animal practice in Van Nuys, California—located in the heart of...
Counsel Tracking Code COUNSELSM0121-RL Job Description Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an investment adviser registered with the SEC and is looking for an attorney to join its legal team. As...
About PatientPop Helping medical practices grow by optimizing their online presence to attract new patients to the practice both in person and through telehealth Job Description PatientPop is the...
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. ACCESS (Advanced Critical Care and...
Job Description: VCA Rossmoor- El Dorado Animal Hospital is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our progressive, multi-doctor practice in Los Alamitos, California. We are located only...
We're looking for veterinary technicians who love surgery and anesthesia to join our surgery...
Job Description: VCA Animal Medical Center is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our...
Counsel Tracking Code COUNSELSM0121-RL Job Description Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an...
About PatientPop Helping medical practices grow by optimizing their online presence to attract...
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed...
Job Description: VCA Rossmoor- El Dorado Animal Hospital is seeking an Associate...