Kelly Services is currently looking for a fulltime Microbiologist. The primary responsibility for this position is to provide accurate and reliable microbiological analysis of raw ingredients, finished product, environmental and the processing environment. Ensure that the end release product is safe for public consumption and meets customer requirements for quality. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager. In the absence of the Microbiologist, another Microbiologist will serve as backup.
- Develop and follow Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures which must be based on Good laboratory Practices (GLP-s)
- Adopt microbiological methods which are prescribed in the official compendium (e.g. AOAC, AACC, FCC, USP, BP, etc.)
- Test raw ingredients, finished products and environmental samples.
- Testing of finished products using pour plate, petrifilm and rapid micro test methods for sterility.
- Monitor plant and laboratory environment by taking swabs, air and water samples at set frequency.
- Participate in the AOAC proficiency testing.(Including: performing specific tests, expressing the results in a described manner, monitor response time)
- Provide Month end statistical information to QATM, Process Documentation Supervisor and Plant Manager.
- Maintain registration of the laboratory permits.
- Maintain clean equipment and laboratory environment.
- Calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Provide recommendations and feedback on testing results to management.
- Evaluate and authorize the stability of raw materials and finished product.
- Review all laboratory programs regularly and keep records.
- General support of plant production and quality assigned by plant leadership.
- Attend all safety meetings, report any safety incidents/accidents and understand and follow all Company and Plant Safety policies and Procedures.
- Trained in the Kerry HACCP program in order to identify critical steps and other instructions critical to effective implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety Plan.
- Provides support for the current SQF System
- Manager micro laboratory supplies (inventory on a set frequency)
- Communicate with lab suppliers and order supplies when necessary.
- Leadership in the fundamentals of lab safety, equipment and testing procedures.
- Provide support to plant employees in aseptic sampling process and food safety.
- Maintaining technical proficiency through participating in training and development courses as provided by LMS
- Adhering to the ethical standards as outlined by Kerry USA
- Participation in continuous improvement projects and suggestions organized by plant management.
- Participation in cost savings initiatives
- Participation in courses provided by GFTC, Silliker or other leaders in microbiology or organized by the Corporate Microbiology Task Force+
As a Kelly employee, you-ll have access to world-class perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Corporate discounts
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now for immediate consideration. Please attach an updated resume to your application.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Microbiology or Biology
- Technical Courses (internal and external)
- 3 years of experience in the microbiological laboratory
- Knowledge of pathogen confirmation tests.
- Full understanding of biohazards and laboratory safety.
- Interact with all internal organizational staff in a supportive and co-operative manner.
- Contact internal departments regarding any discrepancies or further information required to complete assembly.
- Provide microbiological reports to Process Documentation Supervisor and Quality Manager.
- Issues in the lab, production and customers
- Recommend solutions to environmental hazards and nonconforming product.
- Ensure the safety of products and plant environment.
- Time sensitive tests
- Employee relations
- Coordination of tests and reports
- Controlling stress and coping with pressure when time is limited
- Working 5-7 days per week as required by production and customer demands
- Willing to work additional hours including 2nd and 3rd shifts as required.
- Willing to perform additional tasks assigned by Process Documentation Supervisor and QATM.
On a Scale of 1 - 5:
1 none, 2 occasional, 3 regular, 4 continuous, 5 extreme conditions
- Sitting - 2
- Standing - 4
- Noise Exposure - 2
- Adverse Temperature - 2
- Pushing/Pulling - 2
- Lifting/Carrying - 3
- Dust - 2
- Odors - 3
Why Kelly® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Are you searching for an opportunity to be a part of a team? Do you find it important to pay close attention to detail while still being able to meet production goals? If you are a team-oriented...
About Aramark Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic...
Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in...
Date Posted: 2019-10-28-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HGA33: US068-Savannah (Coleman), GA 101 Coleman Boulevard, Suite G , Savannah, GA, 31408 USA Wash Parts (FOD...
Are you searching for an opportunity to be a part of a team? Do you find it important to pay...
About Aramark Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports...
Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the...
Date Posted: 2019-10-28-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HGA33: US068-Savannah...