National consultant to review credit policy opportunities to support entrepreneurship among women from vulnerable groups
Under the guidance of the UN-Women Program Specialist, the national consultant is expected to review existing entrepreneurship development policies, in particular among women from vulnerable populations, the women's economic empowerment agenda, and review international best practices in supporting women's businesses (institutional and legal framework, as well as the organizational structure at the national level, funding mechanisms), develop specific recommendations to increase the participation of women from vulnerable groups in SMEs, and organize a discussion at the national level with a presentation of the work done and validation of the proposed recommendations.
The tasks of the national consultant include the following:
2. Conducting desk analysis of all policy documents and statistical indicators related to the mechanism for providing financial support and development of entrepreneurship among women from vulnerable groups in Kazakhstan, and preparation of an overview.
3. Identification of achievements, problems and examples of international best practices (on the example of four countries in agreement with UN-Women) in the design and implementation of financial support measures for the development of entrepreneurship among women from vulnerable groups, including the institutional and legal framework, as well as organizational structure at the national level, funding mechanisms, raising awareness of the target group;
4. Based on examples of international best practice and analysis of national credit policy for the development of entrepreneurship, develop several specific recommendations and practical measures for the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the following issues:
- ensuring the participation of women from vulnerable groups in entrepreneurship support programs, to expand the economic opportunities of women, based on existing national policies and practices, identify areas for improvement.
- reducing barriers to accessing finance for women's entrepreneurship development.
- preparation of proposals to improve the current credit policy for the development of women's entrepreneurship, development of financing mechanisms, identify areas for improvement.
- monitoring and reporting mechanisms at the national level in the context of the implementation of the Concept of Family and Gender Policy until 2030, and reporting on the achievement of the implementation of the relevant indicators of the concept.
5. Draft amendments and additions to the strategic plans of state bodies (MLSPP, MNE, MIOR, MES, MoF, etc.), existing regulatory legal acts and state support programs for the development of entrepreneurship and social assistance to women from vulnerable groups of the population, and strategic documents of the country, such as: "Strategic development plan of the Republic of Kazakhstan until 2025", "Concept of social development of the Republic of Kazakhstan until 2030", "Concept for Kazakhstan's entry into the 30 most developed countries in the world", as well as into the State Planning System in the Republic of Kazakhstan », PRT of the proposed regions.
6. Organization of a discussion at the national level to present the work done and validate the proposed recommendations. Completion and submission of a final report with related recommendations and supporting documents in the form of attachments.
It is expected that the national consultant will work from home and conduct online consultations with UN-Women and interested CSOs and LEOs.