United States of America
OT372: SS - SEATTLE, WA 3315 South 116th Street #149, Seattle, WA, 98168 USA
New Equipment Superintendent
Do you have leadership experience in the elevator industry? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow an already thriving branch operation? If so, this job is for you!
The Seattle, Washington branch of Otis Elevator Company is searching for a highly motivated and assertive New Equipment Superintendent to lead to and oversee the installation of equipment as well as employee selection, training and safety for all assigned projects.
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team of 60,000 employees that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The new equipment manager will have direct responsibility for the Seattle new equipment business, including field operations, customer satisfaction and overall general business management. The successful candidate will be instrumental in aggressively growing the profitability to meet or exceed business objectives along with fostering a team building environment.
- Directing the performance of new elevator installations.
- Meeting all financial performance targets including profit and working capital
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients and others in contact with the job.
- Maintaining customer quality assurance; emphasis on safety, managing the expenditure of labor, materials and other assets.
- Communicate directly with multiple representatives of the general contractors, owners, architects and designers, also State and Local authorities and regulatory agencies concerning project design, preparations, and scheduling of installation for the equipment
- Improving efficiencies, overseeing crew development and performance to estimate.
- Knowledge of the principals of cost estimating, scheduling and contract administration is preferred.
- Ability to accurately interpret construction contractual documents and contract modifications to determine cost of such change, highly desired
- Accurately analyze situations and assist in developing contingencies for estimates
- Candidate should be versed in contract writing and administration, and will perform customary construction process duties that include managing billing, consultant and contractors’ payments, processing RFIs and optimizing change order opportunities, as well as maximizing project cash coverage.
- Candidates should also have an entrepreneurial spirit and selling strategy; must have demonstrated good business decision making in previous positions; must be a team player and must be able to sell on factors other than price.
- 5+ years of management experience in the elevator industry required
- Candidate must demonstrate solid leadership, effective team building, strong communication and presentations skills to effectively develop relationships with internal customers and external customers
- Assertive, goal-oriented individual who is a team player
- Must have demonstrated good business decision making in previous positions
- Strong financial acumen
- Must have strong computer skills
Bachelor’s degree desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the...
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently...
Process Supervisor Reports to: Process Manager A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company We are a newly formed division of Maple Leaf Foods, the largest protein company in Canada,...
Job Description Our client is a Seattle manufacturing facility that creates syrups and sweet sauce variations for various customers and brands. Candidates will be working in a state-of-the-art...
Project Assistant - Building Engineering (ID# 42593) Seattle, WA Category: Administrative/Support Services Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 3 + Required Education: High School Diploma Job...
Procedural Scheduler Coordinator - Inpatient/Outpatient Surgery Center (40 Hrs/Wk, Capitol Hill/Seattle), Kaiser Permanente, 30 daysSkip to Main Content Search Menu Who We Are The KP Difference Our Locations Mission & History Innovation Life & Culture Working Here Diversity & Inclusion Disability Military In Our...
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for...
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent...
Process Supervisor Reports to: Process Manager A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based...
Job Description Our client is a Seattle manufacturing facility that creates syrups and sweet...
Project Assistant - Building Engineering (ID# 42593) Seattle,...
Procedural Scheduler Coordinator - Inpatient/Outpatient Surgery Center (40 Hrs/Wk, Capitol Hill/Seattle), Kaiser Permanente, 30 daysSkip to Main Content Search Menu Who We Are The KP Difference Our Locations Mission &...